My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the spring that holds up the "button/rod" in the bottom of the lever is not functioning correctly. I'm guessing I need to replace the spring. HOWEVER, I'm having problems removing the cotter pin-like device that retains the bar in the pipe. It seems that its siezed up. Has anyone else ever had this problem? if so, what's the trick? thanks

Matt

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response. I will find me some snap-ring pliers tomorrow at work and will attempt to remove 13 to remove 1 to remove 16. I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
if you cant get the arm off, lower down to its lowest setting (maybe 1 or 2) and then you can tamp out part 16 that way to, it may be easier, but like i said its hard to get the PB (or what not) to soak into it ....... i forgot clean the roll pin (part 16) and the thumb button shaft (part 2) with some carb cleaner to get the PB off of it, less a chance of it backing out when you put it back in

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Success!!! I got the roll pin out and the lever out with my BFH and some PB. And as i suspected, the spring had given up. now I have to try to find a suitable replacement. Thanks YT.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Success!!! I got the roll pin out and the lever out with my BFH and some PB. And as i suspected, the spring had given up. now I have to try to find a suitable replacement. Thanks YT.
go to jacks small engine online spring is $0.40, shipping is 8 min, so look around and get you a few other parts, or go to your local snapper dealer

put some wd 40 or oil on the new one help prevent rust

http://www.jackssmallengines.com/se...mparit%3d6af7847d-d017-4bf8-8f65-8ec26257894f

·
Registered
3 Posts
Take a 1/2 tennis ball and put it over the plunger button to keep the "wet" out as it's not often you will be changing the mowing height

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
There are some very experienced mechanics on this board,I'm mostly a RER guy,but if you want to work on the Tractors download the links 89YT12 posted the manuals are invaluable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts