My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Definitely no spark on a Tecumseh 15 hp HH150 with magneto ignition. Plug wire may have gotten pulled too high from behind flywheel, possibly disconnecting it from the ignition.

1. How should I pull a flywheel that has not been moved in decades?
2. Is the end of the plug wire epoxied into the ignition, or might it be repairable?
3. I don't even want to think the rodent chewed the stator coils, but I will inspect everything

I had to remove yet another mouse nest in the motor cowl around the flywheel. Removed cowl, blew out mouse junk. I test-started and ran the engine briefly without the cowl and it ran beautifully. I replaced the tin with great difficulty (tight fit at the carb and gas tank). and THEN noticed the plug wire was not entirely loose but was pulled higher from the flywheel than before, probably when I was cussing and fitting the cowl.

Geeze, I've been working on this tractor for over a year and finally got it running sweet and looking decent. Now this.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
It could be the ground wire to the coil chaffed and grounding out or the spark plug wire, you can use a puller to get the flywheel off, they have them at autozone for free (deposit required to take home) our just bring it in and they will do it for free. Or you can just put a light pressure behind the flywheel with a board or pry bar and hit the crank with the nut on it using a dead blow hammer and it should pop off. If you have never done it that way I would use the puller it is safer that way.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Very carefully

1 - 4 of 4 Posts