My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new home and have a lot my leaves than my previous. I have a 2016 Gravely ZT XL 52 with the stock blades. Just wondering what setup others on doing to to their mowers. I don’t have a ton of leaves but more than my mower will mow up in a couple passes. Mulch kit, chute block or bagger? Not sure which route to go, don’t want to spend a lot of money and can fab up about anything if needed. Just need some ideas thanks

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
What kind of leaves?
Oregon Gator G3 blades, discharge block and slow passes. Let the blades do the work of mincing them into tiny pieces.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Leaving oak leaves, whole or mulched, on the grass will eventually kill all but a few species of grass. Best to get rid of them, somehow..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What kind of leaves?
Oregon Gator G3 blades, discharge block and slow passes. Let the blades do the work of mincing them into tiny pieces.
Mostly maple and pin oak
I looked into a discharge block but couldn’t find one for my mower. Just a full mulching kit

·
Registered
184 Posts
When I bought my 2019 ProTurn 152 last summer, there was a separate bagger attachment available, but I was told that it left a lot to be desired as far as efficacy was concerned.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Mostly maple and pin oak
I looked into a discharge block but couldn’t find one for my mower. Just a full mulching kit
Sometimes, the easiest thing to do is to make your own discharge blocker. Some sheet metal and a couple of screws and you have one. I've made my own before.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Sometimes, the easiest thing to do is to make your own discharge blocker. Some sheet metal and a couple of screws and you have one. I've made my own before.
Gravely sells a discharge blocker for my ProTurn 152. It adjusts to full open, half closed, and fully closed. It works great!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What I’m thinking. I have access to a fab shop so shouldn’t be hard. Guess start there and work up if that don’t work

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gravely sells a discharge blocker for my ProTurn 152. It adjusts to full open, half closed, and fully closed. It works great!
I’ve just found after market ones For my mower but hate to spend a couple hundred and not work like I want

1 - 9 of 9 Posts