My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get my filter off and with no luck.It is in such a tight spot that I can't get anything to around it to hold so that I can get it off. The mower is a Z 2009 zero-turn 48 Toro. Any help would be appreciated...:banghead3

·
Master Service Technician
748 Posts
Cap wrench or a spider wrench will work and when all else fails I use a very Very large channel locks!

In some occasions I have had to puncture the air filter with a screw driver and turn it out that way..

·
Registered
196 Posts
You could also try an old trick that I've used before. Take an old leather belt preferably one that is flexible and make a loop around the filter with you holding both ends. Twist the filter off. With a flexible belt this works pretty good and lets you get into some tight spots. Uses a principle called belt friction...same thing that held the cowboys horse to the hitching post. Ever notice how they just made a couple of loose wraps and the horse couldn't pull away??

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys,

Thanks for the tips!!!! I ended using everything that was suggested and after another hour of struggling and both arms completely bruised thanks to the Plavix and aspirin I take every day for my bad heart and my hands bleeding like no other(thanks Plavix and aspirin again) the darn thing came off... Now I need help again? I couldn't keep hold of the new filter and get it on quick enough and the pan flipped over so I have hydraulic fluid stain all over the driveway. Any good cleaners you can name to help me get out of the doghouse with the boss? While I was at it I changed the oil and filter as well. Either I'm get weaker by the day or Hercules is putting these darn filters on. Thanks again for your help!!!!!! :trink39::fing32::trink39:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts