My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a brand new Husqvarna YTH2348 from Lowes. It has a 23 hp Briggs and Stratton Intek V-Twin engine and cuts a 48" strip. When I use it to mow, after about 45 minutes of use, the tractor stalls. Then I can't start it up until 10+ minutes later. There is still gas in the tank when this occurs, so I don't know what the problem is. What could be the problem and how should I fix it? Thanks in advance.

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
I just bought a brand new Husqvarna YTH2348 from Lowes. It has a 23 hp Briggs and Stratton Intek V-Twin engine and cuts a 48" strip. When I use it to mow, after about 45 minutes of use, the tractor stalls. Then I can't start it up until 10+ minutes later. There is still gas in the tank when this occurs, so I don't know what the problem is. What could be the problem and how should I fix it? Thanks in advance.

Not sure if this model has the "reserve" gas tank like my Craftsman (both made by AYP). Flip your seat and look at the top of the tank and if there are two fuel lines comming out of the tank into a valve, then you have the reserve system, make sure it's flipped to the normal position.

Not saying that's the issue, but always check the simple stuff first.

·
Premium Member
9,612 Posts
Could be the gas cap came with a clogged air intake. After 45 minutes a vacuum could build up and prevent fuel flow. It sounds like you've checked the gas tank which should have relieved any vacuum anyway.=, so maybe that's a dumb idea.

If this thing is brand new I would demand that they bring you a new one and take this one back immediately. It took me three units to get a keeper from Craftsman.

·
Super Moderator
16,355 Posts
I agree with ggsteve on this one sound like the air intake is clogged on the Gas cap

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
Wasn't sure if the Husq's had that feature.

Hurm.... Back to the drawing board.

·
Registered
301 Posts
If this thing is brand new I would demand that they bring you a new one and take this one back immediately. It took me three units to get a keeper from Craftsman.
Really? Why wouldn't you just ask them to come out and look at and fix it?

Chris

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Belive it or not I bought a new gas can when I got my new tractor, while filling it up a small piece of plastic (inside the new gas can) got in my tank, yes the piece blocked the hole to the gas tube and shut the mower off. That's my luck- take no chances.

·
Premium Member
9,612 Posts
Really? Why wouldn't you just ask them to come out and look at and fix it?

Chris
Well, first of all it's brand new and there shouldn't be anything wrong with it. If you want to know why my opinion may be tainted you can read this. Anyway, if they were to fix it they had better have a very plausible or proven reason why it failed.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Well, first of all it's brand new and there shouldn't be anything wrong with it. If you want to know why my opinion may be tainted you can read this. Anyway, if they were to fix it they had better have a very plausible or proven reason why it failed.
Wow, quite an ordeal!

I experienced something similar, Sears sold me a Husqvarna ZTR that they could not order a bagger for, and after 6 weeks of run-around from Sears I simply returned the tractor.

Chris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts