My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I am hoping for a little help here. Hopefully I can explain this. This is a craftsman front drive with a 6.0 B&S. The motor idles very high regardless of were the throttle is set. It idles high at the low setting and so high at the top I am afraid to run it. The governor looks like it should be pulled forward by a spring attached to the throttle when it is cranked open and should return when the throttle is closed. However it does not move when the throttle is closed it just stays open. Any ideas.
Thanks much guys!

·
Administrator
21,249 Posts
There is probably an adjustable tab where the spring hooks on the other end, not on the throttle end. Might be a bit tight to move, but try very little at a time. Maybe post a picture of the carb area and someone will be able to point out the adjustment part.

Good Luck!!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Okay, I am hoping for a little help here. Hopefully I can explain this. This is a craftsman front drive with a 6.0 B&S. The motor idles very high regardless of were the throttle is set. It idles high at the low setting and so high at the top I am afraid to run it. The governor looks like it should be pulled forward by a spring attached to the throttle when it is cranked open and should return when the throttle is closed. However it does not move when the throttle is closed it just stays open. Any ideas.
Thanks much guys!
What's the model number of the mower? Craftsman Gold 6.0 is model, but look at the little decal on the back.

There should be bellcrank and a springconnected from the governor to the throttle on the carburetor. When the mower is running can you move the the governor and lower the engine speed?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts