My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I contacted my local MF dealer to get paint. He says that the frame of the tractor should be flint gray and the wheels silver mist. The Massey heritage catalog also lists flint gray as the color. When you look at the paint chip in the heritage catalog it looks really dark. I also thought the front grill was silver but now I am not so sure. Can anyone straighten me out on this.
The other issue is that the dealer does not have any red paint. He says he can't keep it on the shelf. I know someone posted some dupont paint codes here but I can't seem to find them.If anyone has any substitutes for the MF red I would appreciate the help.

Thanks
Brian

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
These are the paint schemes for MF7 thru MF16. These paint codes are "factory exact" codes.
Massey Ferguson Paint Schemes, Colors, & Codes
All models MF7 thru MF16-Front grille, rims- Silver Mist- code #M1037
All models MF7 thru MF16-Hood, fenders, plastic dash surround frame-
Red/Rouge- code #M1041
MF7 thru MF16- Entire chassis (all but what is listed above), belt
shields, footboards, engine, axles, hubs, fuel tank, dash tower- Flint
Metallic Grey- code #M1025
(Exception to above-MF14 & 16 had footboards painted red/rouge)
Early MF10 & MF12G & MF12H had rim centers painted red, with the outer
rim painted silver mist. At least 69's & up had solid silver mist rims.

All MF7 thru 16 models- decks, deck hangers, & related deck components are
red/rouge M1041

With the codes above you can get it mixed at any good paint shop.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the info. That clears up my questions. Heading to the MF dealer (a 1 hr drive.) sometime this week to pick up some parts and paint.

Thanks again for your help.
Brian

·
Banned
550 Posts
Ah but it isn't the color when applied that's important, it's the color it fades to, that makes the difference. The use of a hardener may help. A lot of feed stores and local paint companies already have MF, Deere, IH, Case etc. already matched. One farm storm sells pre-mixed MF red for 23 bucks a gallon here in Oklahoma

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Ah but it isn't the color when applied that's important, it's the color it fades to, that makes the difference. The use of a hardener may help. A lot of feed stores and local paint companies already have MF, Deere, IH, Case etc. already matched. One farm storm sells pre-mixed MF red for 23 bucks a gallon here in Oklahoma
Hardener helps with the cheaper paint, but it still fades with time, and not that long either. If you use the cheaper stuff, you will learn this the hard way....like I & many many others have.

·
I bleed M-F red
787 Posts
These are the paint schemes for MF7 thru MF16. These paint codes are "factory exact" codes.
Massey Ferguson Paint Schemes, Colors, & Codes
All models MF7 thru MF16-Front grille, rims- Silver Mist- code #M1037
All models MF7 thru MF16-Hood, fenders, plastic dash surround frame-
Red/Rouge- code #M1041
MF7 thru MF16- Entire chassis (all but what is listed above), belt
shields, footboards, engine, axles, hubs, fuel tank, dash tower- Flint
Metallic Grey- code #M1025
(Exception to above-MF14 & 16 had footboards painted red/rouge)
Early MF10 & MF12G & MF12H had rim centers painted red, with the outer
rim painted silver mist. At least 69's & up had solid silver mist rims.

All MF7 thru 16 models- decks, deck hangers, & related deck components are
red/rouge M1041

With the codes above you can get it mixed at any good paint shop.
That looks correct to me, except for the a 12G having red rim centers. To my knowledge, a early 12G does not exist. Correct? So all 12G's would have all silver rims? .....or did I just learn something new?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts