My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back I read on a thread that there should be 2 springs on the clutch idler. I only have one and it on the bottom side. The cotter pin is there in the bracket but I dont know what size spring to use or where to hook the other end to. Could somebody post a pick?

Thanks.

·
15,000 +posts!
20,401 Posts
I dont have much like with posting links,but if you go to www.vintagesearstractors.com you'll see a link on the home page under "restoration" that tells about engine swaps,and the dilema of the clutch bracket bolting to the engine,that can make it a hassle to swap in a different mtor than a stock one--they have photos of the clutch setup there..

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
A while back I read on a thread that there should be 2 springs on the clutch idler. I only have one and it on the bottom side. The cotter pin is there in the bracket but I dont know what size spring to use or where to hook the other end to. Could somebody post a pick?

Thanks.
There is another cotter pin back under the dash. It is hard to get at but if you look you will see it. The spring is 3 or 4 inches long and pretty stiff.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TH, Not swapping just getting it back to how its supposed to be.
It was going to be my friday project but instead It looks like I will be picking up my new Carlyles Ag treads.

I know, " its a tuff life but somebody has to live it"
Thanks

·
15,000 +posts!
20,401 Posts
Yeah,that site has photos of the stock clutch idler setup,I know you dont care about swapping the engine!.. :)..they are not the greatest pictures,but I dont recall seeing any better ones online..

It's a good thing guys like Small Fry are here,and have cameras,and know how to post photos here--otherwise we'd never get our tractors back together correctly!..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts