My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am more than likely putting this thing in with the trash next week. Got it for free last June because it didn't run. I've yet to get it to the point where it will start without starting fluid but using starting fluid it fires right up and runs but Boggs down easily and Rpms don't seem consistent.

Obviously I have a fuel problem. Cleaned the carb to get it to run in the first place then cleaned it twice since then and put all new gaskets and a new needle and seat went in today.

Other odd thing is when I leave it sit with fuel in the tank the fuel all runs out (just put the new seat in so that might be fixed now)

Anything i should check before I throw it out and go buy another

EDIT: I never realized how cheap the carbs are for these. At $26 im done messing with this one. I ordered it just now. Hopefully that was the only issue and ill be able to get it running good for this mowing season.

·
Premium Member
5,747 Posts
If the engine is OK mechanically, you may want to invest in a new carburetor. They're relatively inexpensive for that engine.

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
I would check the fuel tank and line for blockage. You might have a small piece of trash in tank, I had one that would die at weird times. Turned out the trash would clog inlet when floated towards it at times of low fuel. Hope this helps!
Eric

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nothing in the tank fuel flows freely to the carb. I should have the new carb around Wednesday so hopefully it fixes the issue and I can mow the grass that weekend. It's getting high in a few places already.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts