My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

I recently purchased my first tractor, a JD 2025R. Its the older style.

Anyway, I just picked up a box blade for super cheap. It's in great shape, but has no identifying marks on it. It did not come with any rippers. Can anyone help ID this and/or give me any info on what type of rippers to buy and where I can find the best pricing?

Added picture of tractor. I know you guys love pictures.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,623 Posts
I've looked at a ton of pictures, but haven't seen anything with the combination of lower lift bar mount and strap frame like the one you have. How wide is it, 5 foot, maybe?

At any rate, you should be able to order ripper shanks from someone like Agri Supply that would work with it. Measure from the top of the ripper bar to the bottom of the box and get shanks that would have the bottom hole about 2-3 inches longer distance then that from the bottom of the ripper tooth. All the box blades I saw have a small inverted "V piece of angle welded on either side of the slot for the ripper, to secure the pin that holds the ripper in place (like in the picture below). You might have to get that done.

Very nice machine you just bought, enjoy. I just traded up from an X7 to a 2520, basically an older version of your tractor.

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, thanks to you both for your input. I think it may be a LandPride based on this photo I found.

I guess I need to order some rippers

Thanks again!

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts