My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a few days ago i purchased what i thought to be a Craftsman GT series mower but i cant find one like it or any info on its model anywhere, it is a YGT22H50D

i was looking at some Yard Pro Garden Tractors online this one does have a red hood but the tires are white the original color looks to be gray maybe, the engine is a Kohler Command CV22S 67527.

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,710 Posts
How about a parts breakdown manul with all part#s?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im really wanting to know what brand it is there arent any others like it Also would it be made in 01 25 1999?

·
Hoosier Daddy
897 Posts
It's definitely a Roper, made by AYP. Basically the same tractor as a Craftsman GT of the same vintage (also made by AYP), though with a different hood.

·
Registered
30 Posts
your tractor is not a roper, they stopped making tractors in 1988, and all ropers have a horizontal shaft engine not a vertical it is either a repainted huskee or a repainted yard pro, a poulan pro or a quality farm and country garden tractor built by ayp

·
Super Moderator
16,284 Posts
your tractor is not a roper, they stopped making tractors in 1988, and all ropers have a horizontal shaft engine not a vertical it is either a repainted huskee or a repainted yard pro, a poulan pro or a quality farm and country garden tractor built by ayp
Roper Sold Off the Outdoor Power equipment Line In 1998 to Electrolux to form American Yard Products But the Roper Name lived On into the early 1990's so It can very well be a Roper Have Friend that started with Roper In 1981 at a Territory rep Is Now a Mid Level executive with Husqvarna He was Kept On through all the different owners He actually has a 1990 Roper GT That Looks Just Like the Roper GT Pictured By Rivers But that Hood design was Used Not Only for Roper it was also Use for several Box store Brand such as Central Park and even Poulan and several others But Based On the color scheme I would agree It Probably wasn't Labeled a Roper BTW the Roper designed frame was continually used Under the AYP Until the early 2000's That is Not True about Roper Have Only a horizontal shaft engine they had vertical shaft as well All AYP really was Roper with a different Name. Many of the same Mangers, Engineers and executives from the Roper outdoor Power equipment line stayed on under AYP Name Pretty Much it was run as though nothing really changed until about Year 2000 Then You started seeing more Electrolux staff coming over to AYP side of the Business Until the spin off in 2006 Under Husqvarna.

Roper is still alive and well But there Known for Industrial Pumps these Days

I think your Basing Your Information about the Roper Line from Tractor Data That site is actually known to be off quit a bite on there Facts
The Roper Name was Used In Europe Until the early 1990's as well (y)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Roper Sold Off the Outdoor Power equipment Line In 1998 to Electrolux to form American Yard Products But the Roper Name lived On into the early 1990's so It can very well be a Roper Have Friend that started with Roper In 1981 at a Territory rep Is Now a Mid Level executive with Husqvarna He was Kept On through all the different owners He actually has a 1990 Roper GT That Looks Just Like the Roper GT Pictured By Rivers But that Hood design was Used Not Only for Roper it was also Use for several Box store Brand such as Central Park and even Poulan and several others But Based On the color scheme I would agree It Probably wasn't Labeled a Roper BTW the Roper designed frame was continually used Under the AYP Until the early 2000's That is Not True about Roper Have Only a horizontal shaft engine they had vertical shaft as well All AYP really was Roper with a different Name. Many of the same Mangers, Engineers and executives from the Roper outdoor Power equipment line stayed on under AYP Name Pretty Much it was run as though nothing really changed until about Year 2000 Then You started seeing more Electrolux staff coming over to AYP side of the Business Until the spin off in 2006 Under Husqvarna.

Roper is still alive and well But there Known for Industrial Pumps these Days

I think your Basing Your Information about the Roper Line from Tractor Data That site is actually known to be off quit a bite on there Facts
The Roper Name was Used In Europe Until the early 1990's as well (y)
i got my info just from personal experince, every roper garden tractor ive seen is horizontal shaft with an, roper did make vertical shaft but they were lawn tractors, and roper did become ayp sometime around the late 80s early 90s ive owned a couple of ayp push mowers and tractors that were dated around 1988,1990

·
Super Moderator
16,284 Posts
from 1964 Until 1982 Roper Had Been a Subsidiary of Sears Roebuck & Co Sears spun Roper off to be it own company again
1988 was When Roper sold off there Outdoor Power equipment Line to Electrolux which In turn formed American Yard Products
The Roper Name continued to be used for several year after Electrolux bought the Roper Outdoor Power equipment line You will find some Late Roper Labeled Tractors with a AYP seria/Model Tag as Production of Roper Labeled Machine continued Until about 1992 and it was a few year Beyond that In Europe(y)

·
Super Moderator
16,284 Posts
Wish HOP(Husqvarna) would still Make a robust tractor like that Ranch King still Until about 1995 Kwik-way Made a Loader Kit That would fit Your Ranch King. (y)
You still have the Ranch King ?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Wish HOP(Husqvarna) would still Make a robust tractor like that Ranch King still Until about 1995 Kwik-way Made a Loader Kit That would fit Your Ranch King. (y)
You still have the Ranch King ?
No I don't. I sold it when I bought my X475 in 2004.

·
Super Moderator
16,284 Posts
Central Park Brand is Both Made By MTD & AYP
Yes I was use to Ranch King Being MTD as well But it very common in the Box store Brands To change Manufacturers I saw central Park Brand( sold at Handy Andy) In the same Year Made By Both MTD & AYP at the same time some of the Lawn Tractors were AYP 1 Model Or Garden tractor was AYP while the Other Model was MTD I have a 1994 Brochure of Ranch King it all MTD. or I can remember KPro sold at K Marts 1 year it was MTD the Next year It was AYP I think the AYP Ranch kinds sold above Look Much better then the MTD Version from 1994 sad to say those Tractor designed were stopped after 2004 I have always Liked a Tractor where all Your attachments our controlled By 1 Lift lever Roper use to call the design the Master Lift Deere is the Only Manufacture that still does that with the X300 & X500 series Though It's Foot Pedal On the Manual Lift it is still On Location for Lift Never Liked to Have the Lift Lever On the attachment itself which Deere does with a E100 & S240 series and MTD has Been doing since 1998/99 The Cub XT3 GS the Lift lever Raise the deck and Front Blade(GSX same for electric Lift raise deck and front Blade) The Blower is still separate Lift Handle AYP started doing that in 2005 and HOP has continued that design with a On Board Lift lever for Just the mowing deck and separate Lift lever for the Blower or Blade or sleeve Hitch (y)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts