My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cleaning my 3pt control valve because it was sticking and I lost two little parts. I had it on the bench and I was trying to flush the plunger. It came apart and I found the ball bearing and the spring on the floor the little piston with the o ring was in my hand clamped to a vice grips and the plunger body in my other hand. I looked all over and can't find any more parts. What else goes inside the plunger?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm working on a 1500.I have the diagram from Hoye. I called Hoye and he said he doesn't sell small parts for the valve just complete assembly. He wanted $250 for one. Also called Fredricks and he doen't sell small parts only assembly for #250. I'm missing two little pieces and can't justify spending $250. I got it working by putting a 1/4 inch block of oak between the valve button #17 and the lever that pushes on the button #34. I like to fix it instead of running it like that but for now I'll run it like that.

http://www.hoyetractor.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=YM15003PTVA

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
That's because those small parts are not available; no one is manufacturing them.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have no idea. I simply know that other than a couple of o-rings in there none of that assembly is available by the piece.....assembly only.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got two C clips from sheaftractor.net and when I saw what they were I could not believe it. Little clipping off a coil spring is what it looked like to me. Put them in and now works good. Had to fall out when I took the plunger out and the inside piston was stuck in the in position.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts