My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up this lil wizard.It is all there minus the motor.Anything you can tell me about will be a great help.No serial numbers or model numbers anywhere.All i can find is what is on the hood.PLEASE HELP

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea im thinking about building it for my 4 year old to drive at the local tractor and car shows.He wants mw to do it in red and black like a fire truck for him,but i wanna restore it if i can find any info about it.

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
Looks like a MTD from the grill.

·
Always Learning
2,158 Posts
Dont know the year, but I own 2 Rugg Carpet Cuts, I am restoring one of them in the winter. I am going to sell it going to try to get 250 out of it. If you need any help, just PM me!:fing32:

·
Always Learning
2,158 Posts
Wizard is, I believe, now MTD, the mower you have is a Wizard (AYP)25, The engine Looks from the Pic you Posted like it is to be a 5hp vertical shaft engine, most likely Briggs & Straton, but it may of been A Kohler, The paint colors are "Old Cat Yellow" and just "White", I am not sure how to do the decals, The trannys on theese thing are sturdy, just make sure they have enough fluid in it, DO NOT Try and make a racing mower out of it, theese trannys are made for PULLING NOT RACING!, my Rugg was and Airport Tug for 15yrs, if you need any more help PM me.

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
Dont know the year, but I own 2 Rugg Carpet Cuts, I am restoring one of them in the winter. I am going to sell it going to try to get 250 out of it. If you need any help, just PM me!:fing32:
Hmmmmm how does this help answer his question ?

Just asking.

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
Wizard is, I believe, now MTD, the mower you have is a Wizard (AYP)25, The engine Looks from the Pic you Posted like it is to be a 5hp vertical shaft engine, most likely Briggs & Straton, but it may of been A Kohler, The paint colors are "Old Cat Yellow" and just "White", I am not sure how to do the decals, The trannys on theese thing are sturdy, just make sure they have enough fluid in it, DO NOT Try and make a racing mower out of it, theese trannys are made for PULLING NOT RACING!, my Rugg was and Airport Tug for 15yrs, if you need any more help PM me.
Racing Mower ?????

Thought he said his kid was going to drive it at tractor and car shows ?

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
I recently picked up this lil wizard.It is all there minus the motor.Anything you can tell me about will be a great help.No serial numbers or model numbers anywhere.All i can find is what is on the hood.PLEASE HELP
Neat little mower your son will enjoy it I'm sure.

·
Always Learning
2,158 Posts
Ranch, What will happen when his kid "Grows Out" of it? Most Likely to the scrap yard, stuck in a corner, or turned into a racing mower, then scrapped!

·
Always Learning
2,158 Posts
Good, again if you need anything else tell me!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts