My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Once again a Super Member
13,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for 2 Vintage Rims to fit on my trailer (Homemade)
Does anybody know were I can find this style of rims 5 X 15 4-lug!
very popular in the 50's
Firestone once made these style of rims

·
Retired Super Moderator
5,460 Posts
Isn't that what they use on mobile home axles? Thats what it looks like to me.

·
13,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are most likely from an Vintage RV trailer. Only 4 lugs

·
Old Stonebreaker
3,398 Posts
Check at wrecking yards and RV dealers. Perhaps tireshops also. If they can't be found, check Northern tool or a local utility tlr. dlr. to see if you can order hubs to fit your spindles that have a more common 5 lug pattern.
Mike A

·
I'd rather be threshing!
3,997 Posts
Been there, Done that!

Hi WIngnut,

I had a similar problem a few years back. In my case I was tired of trying to find 14.5" tires for my trailer. (They are used on mobile home axles.)

Anyway, If you want a more common wheel, all you need is the bearing numbers and the drum diameter.

Check out this place... Pioneer Rim

I bought 4 hubs / drums for my trailer there, and they worked out great! I went with a 6 bolt hub, and 15" wheels.

Good luck!

·
13,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:eck21: Well I have given up I went to TSC and purchase new spindles for and I think I have some 4-1/2 pattern 5 - lug that are 5 X 15 rims lying around.

I going to place the only good rim that I have left and the old fayette trailer brake assembles on E-Bay. There probably somebody out there restoring an 1940's travel trailer.

For last few days I have been :bonk: I got tired of :beatdeadh so hopefully my update my trailer will help other like a organ donors!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts