My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone...

I'm normally on the walk behind mower and tiller forum, but I ran across a local Gravely that's available, but they don't list the model or much info at all.
I can look at it on wednesday, but until then, any clue what model this is from this single photograph. Wish is was a side view, but it's not.

Thanks for any help.
Derek

·
Premium Member
8,842 Posts
My guess is that it is a Pro16 with a Briggs twin. The Kohler 12 hp version usually has a square muffler guard over the long muffler. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
There are 3 models it can be.

1. A Pro 12 w/ Kohler Command -- it definitely does not have a Magnum 12.
2. A Pro 14 w/Robin
3. A Pro 16 w/Briggs.

It is more likely 1. or 2. -- because I "should" be able to see the top of a Briggs Vanguard from that angle.

Machine looks clean though and in good shape -- if you can get it cheap, it's probably a good one to pick up.

·
Premium Member
8,842 Posts
Here is why I think it is NOT a Pro 14 or Pro 12. Note item #41

I am not sure if Item #30 would be visible or not.

Attachments

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I'll actually look at it on Monday, so I'll know soon enough.

Also, is this the mower deck (52") that fits this Gravely?

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
That's about the worst possible angle someone could've taken, for engine ID purposes anyway. The muffler blocks one's ability to see the shape of the engine, or the angle of the peripherals coming off the engine, which would nail it down.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Here is why I think it is NOT a Pro 14 or Pro 12. Note item #41

I am not sure if Item #30 would be visible or not.

Is that the muffler guard?

If Mark is correct -- I remember this machine as well, it sat on Craigslist for months back in late 2011.

However, I will add that not all Robins and Kohlers have that muffler guard, so it's not an exact match either way.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's not for sale by Hause Equipment... but it looks like that's the same unit and if so it has the Briggs 16hp twin which makes it a Pro 16. Does that sound accurate?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts