My Tractor Forum banner

Help on upper drawbar or link and bush hog

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  2_Late_I_Won 
#1 · (Edited)
I need to buy a upper drawbar or upper link tomorrow. Ethal is ready to bush hog this weekend. I checked TSC on-line and they have three drawbars or links. And I see the hyd one for 149.00 advertised at top of page(I dont know the correct word to use here) price ranging from 20 buck to almost 40 bucks. Is the difference in price just the size the dia of attach point? They do adjust. I have never hooked a attacment to a tractor PTO. I dont know what to look for or what to beware of. Any advice ?

What do I look for?

#2 ·
Other than the hydraulic the others are priced by their length and cat 1 or 2.

I made the mistake of sending someone else to pick one up for me on time and I ended up with the cheaper "SHORT" 20" one. Still have it just don't have much use for it but on occasion. The best one for my use on all equipment I have is the 26". You need whatever length will work best for your application in a cat 1.

#8 ·
Wow great info guys, I worked late this morning and went to this big tractor super center. Great big tractors and a big new air conditioned showroom, kinda scary when your a guy walking in and looking for an upper link, then I seen the Ford N parts and I felt good. They had all kinds of different bars and adjustable links and no price tags on none of it. :banghead3I got uncomfortable again because they had nobody to help me so I put down what I had in my hand and walked out.:fing20:

Then I come and see all this great info from you all here. Thanks I will get the ORC with the link and now I know the sizes in the link, Thanks a bunch:thanku:

#10 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Agricultural machinery Grass
All went well today, I bought an adjustable upper link, hooked up to the bush hog, I learned a valuable lession. Dont leave bush hog on hill. It was difficult hooking up. She almost looks too pretty to work lol :fing20:

She ran great it was a really good day:thThumbsU Thanks for the help

#12 ·
I can do that Ken. I just came in from another fine day on the tractor. Two days in a row. I pressure washed everthing and its all back in the barn including me, I had to hose myself off and I am in the A/C. I am completely amazed at what this tractor can do and how easy it does it.

I had a moment this afternoon. I had a vine almost pinch my leg to the rear end. It dragged my foot off the board and it happened so quickly I barely got my leg out of the way, thank you God. Something I need to note in the future.

It was a great weekend and I got a bunch of work done. :greendr:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.