My Tractor Forum banner

Help Needed

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  fruch 
#1 ·
Looking for the right hand and left hand front mounting brackets for a FEMCO cab that fits a 455. Parts # are PT17839 and PT17840. Found a cab ,but no way to mount it without these brackets. NA from JD.

rhargreaves@yourlink.ca

#2 ·
Stoon,
Did you try Femco? Their phone number is 620 241 3513. They were able to find a windshield and misc. parts for my 455 cab. If you are talking about the plates that mount to the 455 frame, they dont seem too complicated, you might be able to have them made up at a welding shop. Let me know if pictures or measurements will help.

#3 ·
Yes photos and especially measurements would be a great help.My dealer is trying to deal with Femco, no luck yet. This is why ,I like this forum. In the past I've been able to help many members , now I need someone elses help.

#5 ·
Stoon, If the parts you are looking for are in fact 30 and 35 in Stladrills parts breakdown,
you are looking for Femco numbers 720728001 and 720728101. I had to order something from Femco today, I asked and they said they have 2 of each. They seem reasonably priced. I always talk to Shana when I call Femco, she is very helpful. I would call her with all your info about your cab and she will be able to e-mail you an owners manual with parts breakdowns. Femco is in Kansas, they are open till 4:30 Central Time, I think.
I will take pictures and measurements and post them when I get home tonight.

#7 ·
Stoon, I was having problems posting the pictures. Here are some measurements:

The brackets are 12 1/2 " long, thats how far they stick out from the frame.

The part against the frame is 7" wide.

The bolt holes are 5" apart center to center.

The bottom of the plate extends 2 1/2 inches down from the bolt holes.

The small platform, where the Cab uprights mount to, comes up 6 1/4".

These are substantial pieces of metal. I may have been wrong in my first post, they may not be that easy to make. I hope this helps.

#8 ·
Fruch - I can't thank you enough for going out of your way, to help me find the elusive cab mount brackets. Now that I can find the brackets, all thats required is go pick up the cab. Email the cab owner, that even tho he doesn't have the brackets, I'm still interested. Go to the bank, hook up the trailer to save me some time after work, which is pitch dark by 6:30, just about to leave for my hour journey and decide to check my emails just in case. Cab owner replies, bad news- seems some how the windscreen on the Femco cab is shattered. Does know when that might have happened. Duh- he replies to my ad, says he would sell his cab for "the right price", it's been sitting in his barn for 6 months. I'm back to square one .

#10 ·
Even had Bruce from FGC checking out the mounting brackets , frustrating when people respond to your ads, say they have what your looking for, but haven't actually checked the condition of what they're prepared to sell you.

#11 ·
Sorry to hear that Stoon, when I got my cab the wind shield was broken as well. I thought about replacing it with plexiglass, but went ahead and bought a replacement from Femco. It wasn't cheap, but neither was plexiglass and I thought I would be happier with the replacement windshield. If I had it to do over, I might put a smaller piece of safety glass in a plywood frame. Even that wouldn't be cheap. I think the Femco windshield might be a little too big to be in such a small steel frame. The frame is slightly flimsy leaving the glass likely to flex and break. Any way, I hope you find a cab soon, good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.