My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife thinks that the TV show "Pioneer Woman" is a real chef. I say she's an idiot. But the problem is my wife tries making her recipes, and I've had better roadkill. My kid agrees with me. I was going to put this on the Prayer Forum, but out of respect for the people who really do need prayer, I decided better. Bottom line: if you ever see your roomie with a Pioneer Woman cookbook, or have the TV show on, disappear for the night.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
She went to college for journalism. She has written a bunch of books and has a blog. She isn't a trained chef. She is a mother of 4 kids, two of them in college and two at home, so she has been a mom and wife for 20 years or so. Mothers and wives can have superior cooking skills. Many are way better than professional chefs and many are some really crappy cooks.

She is a blogger, writer, reality tv star and her cooking skills are questionable. People buy her cookbooks because of her blogs and tv shows. Is Sarah Palin a good cook? Maybe or maybe not. Sara is hot though. LOL!

·
Make Smoke, Boil Water!
1,615 Posts
My wife is a great cook, a hobbyist gourmet. (Her hobby here has been interrupted by heart problems but she'll soon be back to it)

She looks at the books and ideas as a good starting point, and goes from there. We tend to see the show as being about mostly regular people who are just sharing what they've found out.

Her husband is probably a really nice guy, but I would never, EVER grill over match-light barbecue briquettes... I don't know how they can STAND the taste. (Now a small pile of match-light stuff is OK to get a big pile of good briquettes going, but I'm just more patient when I'm spending that kind of money on beef for grilling.

·
Make Better Mowers
2,011 Posts
My wife (and daughter) love the cooking shows. I give up the large screen and disappear into the bedroom and watch some real TV!

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Haven not see the show.

Anybody using match lite charcoal cannot be taken seriously.:tango_face_surprise

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
My wife can burn water :sidelaugh.....just kidding but it takes her 2 hrs. to prepare a simple meal because she gets easily side tracked lol. We watch a few favorite chefs on pbs but my mom really taught me to cook as she was a master multitasking chef in her own right. I miss you mom...

·
Administrator
5,039 Posts
What kills me about these cooking shows, or their commercials anyways, is how these people want to come off as hard cases....Much like the car resto shows too. With the tattoos and swearing at each other and all that, it gets pretty silly.

That said, my wife could make roadkill taste good......I am fat and well fed....and love it.

·
Registered
496 Posts
We often watch cooking shows, and yes, even PW, that said, if I'm watching one it means there is nothing I like better on else where.

Full disclosure, my wife and I probably have only a 1/2% overlap on our watch lists.

·
Make Better Mowers
2,011 Posts
We often watch cooking shows, and yes, even PW, that said, if I'm watching one it means there is nothing I like better on else where.

Full disclosure, my wife and I probably have only a 1/2% overlap on our watch lists.
Sounds like home with the exception of the percentage. My wife and I both do quite a bit of cable news.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
My late wife loved watching Pioneer Woman but to each their own. I say she cooked in a studio and went home to a rancher in San Bernadino. There is no way she cooked for a ranch crew, kept a spotless house, home schooled the kids, blogged, wrote books, and hosted a tv show. When did she find quality time with hubby? Besides, what pioneer family ever ate the stuff she prepares? I found her annoying.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
She went to college for journalism. She has written a bunch of books and has a blog. She isn't a trained chef. She is a mother of 4 kids, two of them in college and two at home, so she has been a mom and wife for 20 years or so. Mothers and wives can have superior cooking skills. Many are way better than professional chefs and many are some really crappy cooks.

She is a blogger, writer, reality tv star and her cooking skills are questionable. People buy her cookbooks because of her blogs and tv shows. Is Sarah Palin a good cook? Maybe or maybe not. Sara is hot though. LOL!
I agree, some days Sara Palin has looks that are really smoking hot. Who cares if she can cook?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My late wife loved watching Pioneer Woman but to each their own. I say she cooked in a studio and went home to a rancher in San Bernadino. There is no way she cooked for a ranch crew, kept a spotless house, home schooled the kids, blogged, wrote books, and hosted a tv show. When did she find quality time with hubby? Besides, what pioneer family ever ate the stuff she prepares? I found her annoying.
You find her annoying? You're being very kind. I view her as a major irritant, much like Nancy Pelosi. She runs my blood pressure up to dangerous levels, and not because she's a sex symbol. I went to my doctor, and my BP was 150. I told him the old lady had the Pioneer Woman on TV as I was walking out. He said he understood perfectly, and then handed me a bottle of Old Granddad on my way out. A good doctor who cares about his patients.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Watch Giada instead. I watched her show for 3 years before I realized it was a cooking show.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Watch Giada instead. I watched her show for 3 years before I realized it was a cooking show.
She is pretty. I read an article about her. She never eats what she cooks. On the show when she takes bites she spits everything into a bucket. That is how she stays skinny. She also eats completely different food in her daily life. So she is staying skinny and her fans are getting fat.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
She is pretty. I read an article about her. She never eats what she cooks. On the show when she takes bites she spits everything into a bucket. That is how she stays skinny. She also eats completely different food in her daily life. So she is staying skinny and her fans are getting fat.
Wow that's crazy.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No doubt about it hotajax.

I tried answering your private message but your mailbox is full.
Better yet, watch Giada and Sara P at the same time. Kind of like a 2-on-1. Read between the lines on that one.

I cleaned out my box.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts