My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK... so Im driving home from Cape Cod mass on sunday and I pass this boat on the road. Sadly I did not catch the brand name... It was a bigger boat... guessing around 25' give or take a few. Very "Down east lobster boat" style. Nice swipping shear line, small cabin up front, with the old style wood framed windows. It was a Fglass hull though, but had add on woodwork. The hull had a small keal like a inboard would have, but it was outboard powerd. Also it was pretty new. I cant see it being more then a few years old. Anyone know much about the late model boat world, that may know who would have built a boat like that. It was a REAL stunning craft!!!!

I know thats not much to go on, but anyone have any leads?

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Up near the Cape Cod I know the Boston Whalers are pretty popular.... Don't know if that will match, I know they make a 25', but I think it has dual outboards.....

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
OK... so Im driving home from Cape Cod mass on sunday and I pass this boat on the road. Sadly I did not catch the brand name... It was a bigger boat... guessing around 25' give or take a few. Very "Down east lobster boat" style. Nice swipping shear line, small cabin up front, with the old style wood framed windows. It was a Fglass hull though, but had add on woodwork. The hull had a small keal like a inboard would have, but it was outboard powerd. Also it was pretty new. I cant see it being more then a few years old. Anyone know much about the late model boat world, that may know who would have built a boat like that. It was a REAL stunning craft!!!!

I know thats not much to go on, but anyone have any leads?
There are quite a few boats that could meet your description.

I agree, it sounds like an imitation "down-east" design, albeit with an outboard. One brand that comes to mind is the Rosborough. They usually don't have a lot of exterior woodwork, but I've seen some optioned with wood trim. Might have been a Rosborough 22, or another of their models.

Another possibility is the Duffy 26, but i have never seen one outboard-powered.

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts

·
A semi-retired senior cit
2,132 Posts

·
Administrator
12,687 Posts
Fortier 26, not sure but I think it could be spec'd with a big outboard. I've fished on a twin diesel Fortier 33 (gorgeous boat) but prefer the 26 if I could have one. One other that I've seen before is a Hunt Yachts Surfhunter 25. 2nd photo. It's another built to suit and may be available with outboards as well.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
32,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fortier 26, not sure but I think it could be spec'd with a big outboard. I've fished on a twin diesel Fortier 33 (gorgeous boat) but prefer the 26 if I could have one. One other that I've seen before is a Hunt Yachts Surfhunter 25. 2nd photo. It's another built to suit and may be available with outboards as well.
Style wise these are VERY close!!!!!

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
Okay, I now understand what you mean by "with the old style wood framed windows." You're talking about the dodger/canopy -- I thought you were referring to the windows in the cabin house.

Another one could be the Rothbilt 21 Cabin.

But there are many boats with similar wood-framed canopy/dodgers.

·
Administrator
12,687 Posts
This might be it, a Seaway24', and they're almost all outboard powered. They are real nice boats. Semidisplacement hulls and I'd love to find an 18' center console w/ a bad motor for short money to upgrade from my oldtimer. My 90hp would go great on one.

http://noyceyachts.com/seaway.php

Attachments

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
I've got a 225 Everrude around here that would make it go fast. Pass just about anything but a fuel dock.

Gotta agree I love those kind of boats. Had a 21 foot Carver with that Everrude on it but a dead head log ended it's days afloat.

Mike

·
Super Moderator
32,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This might be it, a Seaway24', and they're almost all outboard powered. They are real nice boats. Semidisplacement hulls and I'd love to find an 18' center console w/ a bad motor for short money to upgrade from my oldtimer. My 90hp would go great on one.

http://noyceyachts.com/seaway.php
I think we have a winner!!!!!

Let me look around the web site first, but I think thats it!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have thought about the frt canopy like the yel Seaway. I bought a salvage Aquasport 22 (it had been 'stripped' clean) & refurb'd it for use on the Ohio river. The ol' Blk Max 150 pushes it 42 mph on GPS. They're light,self bailing boats.:thThumbsU

1 - 18 of 18 Posts