My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I am new to this website, but I need help identifying a tractor.

I got this columbia lawn tractor out of the garbage and it came with a briggs and stratton 12 hp engine. Now I know this isn't the original motor as it says 16hp 42' on the side. I can't see to find the year of model, so maybe someone who knows better than I do could help me identify it? And also maybe help me find the year and model of the engine as well?

Thanks!
Motor vehicle Tire Wood Automotive tire Bumper
Font Material property Gas Motor vehicle Carmine
Tire Automotive tire Alloy wheel Tread Wheel
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

That's the filter from the briggs
Gas Bicycle part Wood Machine Auto part

That's the carburetor im cleaning

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

easy to find the engine date on any B&S.... somewhere on the tin shroud there will be some numbers stamped.... "model/type/code".... the first two digits in the "code" is the year the engine was built... tractor will be the same year or the following year

a picture of the whole tractor would help determine the model,

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool thanks that helps!

Here are pictures of the tractor. It's a hydro and the white hood it has on is not the original.

I'm guessing its newer than 2000 but I don't know
Wheel Tire Tractor Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Plant Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle
Art Wood Automotive wheel system Machine Auto part
Audio equipment Font Machine Gas Camera accessory
m

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yes, but for some reason, the model number 13AE698G597, does not turn up.

I looked here and still no luck
MTD Models Parts Listings

Maybe it's a Frankenstein? Or maybe a prototype that never reached production? 🤔😁
maybe, or maybe its not the original engine, since in the first picture, it is 16 hp engine, not a 12 hp,end normally, the model number is on the engine cover itself

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, that's what I figured. But for some reason that module number doesn't come up anywhere. I looked on that website for an hour and found a few ones that came close. It's like its got a 2002 frame with a 2003 hood and a totally different engine

But I don't understand why the model number is not anywhere... Maybe it's because there were more models in Canada?

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
You likely need to go to dealer microfiche, I couldn't find it on the MTD Canada site either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts