My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I had my carb apart and I dropped and lost the small metal clip that attaches the float needle to the float. Anyone know where I can get one. Picture of the parts are below :

·
Premium Member
2,520 Posts
So I can still put the float needle in there even though it wont be connected to the float ? If its not needed why have it in the first place. Thanks for the help
So the float and needle assembly can be installed without turning the carb upside down.

·
Super Moderator
11,570 Posts
Yes, you can get away without using the clip since the bottom of the needle is always in contact with the metal plate on the float. When you reinstall the float, and needle, gently push the float upward until the needle end seats itself in the carb. Holding the float in this position, looking from the side, check to see that the top of the float runs parallel with the bottom edge of the carb. If it's angled up, or down, adjust the metal plate on the float by bending it slightly until the float is parallel.

·
Super Moderator
11,570 Posts
So the float and needle assembly can be installed without turning the carb upside down.
Technically yes, but it's a lot easier to do with the carb upside down. It's just a matter of dropping the needle in, and then running the pin through the float, and carb attachment points versus trying to keep the needle up while trying to align, and attach the float. Keeping the rubber o ring in place while reattaching the fuel bowl is easier too.

·
close enuff works for me
3,020 Posts
I picked up an old metal cookie sheet ,kitchen pan at a garage sale . I put it on the work bench ,when I work on carbs or other small things. When the parts fall off ,they don't get lost on the floor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts