My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
NE Indiana
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

The other day I was getting my '10 Legacy out, I had the FEL and boxblade on, and as I was backing out I see this nut laying on the cement where the front of the tractor was setting.
I did a quick check and could not find any 1/2 NC nuts missing. So I went ahead and used the FEL. Today I put the tractor in the garage and get out the creeper so I could give it a better inspection. All 8 bolts and nuts holding the subframe are there, and the bolts holding the FEL mounts are there (they are fine thread anyways), and the bolts holding the skidplate to the rear axle are there. I could not see any other 1/2 inch bolts. There are none on the loader, and the TS boxblade has larger bolts than that. Where could this have come from?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I hate when I loose my nuts. Unfortunately, short of touching every one on the tractor, it will take a failure to find it. Unless you are like me and find where it goes while looking at something else.

"It's much better to be lucky, than it is to be good."

·
Registered
786 Posts
:ROFAre you kidding me?If I put every found/loose nut,bolt,bit,part,and piece on my garage floor in a bucket,I couldn't pick up the bucket!....LMAO

·
10,839 Posts
Was there any other activity in the garage that would explain that nut? Seems weird to lose one when its sitting still. I always lose one in tall grass, at high speed, with the mower deck on.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Had you used the tractor and loader before? Could it have been sitting on some crossmember when put on? Looks pretty new from the picture. Sometimes things can be set down and hang around for a while. Left my coffee cup sitting on the back bumper of the truck and drove 26 miles and it stayed there. Normally it tips on a flat surface when I'm not holding on to it. If it belongs there you will spot it sometime.

·
NE Indiana
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies guys, I did not expect that you would know or could see thru the internet! I was just surprised that my 'new' 1 1/2 year old tractor to be falling apart already. Well I guess the warranty is up, so anything can happen now. Everything else in the garage is more than 10 years old and would not look new if from them. Does anybody have the service manual online that they could do a parts search for 1/2 inch bolts on the Legacy or the Loader?

·
Me
542 Posts
Indiana; all the bolts on the Ballast box are 1/2 inch NC thread. I just put an FEL and box together. I don't know if you put it on or the dealer. But of course they all come in the same box. Two separate packs of scrwes and nuts and their are some extra; designed for XL's that have a 3 pt hitch and those that don't.

·
NE Indiana
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No ballast box, I have the box-blade on. I was walking by the tractor this evening closing the shed up and saw that the rod for the FEL mount/lock is that size. I looked it over and there at the front of the rod was the spot missing the 1/2 nut. I must of missed that during the other inspections.

Item number 24. It is a good thing that I did not try to take the FEL off.
Thanks for you guys comments.
The FEL sure saved a lot of shoveling when working around the old pole barn. The bottom splash boards were rotted out and I had groundhogs and possums digging under them. Dug with the FEL down 6 inches and out 1.5 ft. from the boards. Put new bottom boards in and heavy screen down below the boards and out. Put all the dirt back in and packed it down with tractor. Hopefully that will slow them down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts