My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to find out for my dad, so i don't know what the tractor looks like. He says its a 12hp and only model number i can find online is for the engine. Tractor id number is supposed to be 917.508063 other numbers are

1300e

No site Ive found has anything listed. He thinks its around mid 1960's

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Member: Special K Club
1,556 Posts
I've seen some other sears numbers that just draw a blank, when you look for them. As it turns out, Sears Canada, used different numbers than the US did and there seems to be no cross reference out there.

Just out of curiosity, is your dad located in the northern US or canada? or would you know if the tractor came from canada?

Dave

·
Member: Special K Club
1,556 Posts
No he's from Tennessee, on the tractor I'm not sure is there anyway to tell?

On the model number plate, it mat say sears canada. beyond that.. I don't think so.

As an example, a 1978 Sears GT/16 in the US carried a model of 917.257050.
The same tractor, in canada was an SS/16, and was model number 917.608100.

Have your dad check the model plate for the "Sears Canada" name.

If it's a 12 HP mid sixties tractor, it's most likely going to be some variation of the SS/12

Dave

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He said he didn't see anything about Canada. He was guessing on the mid 60's he collects the things and was going by others. He says it says Sears Craftsman Suburban. Its Orange and White.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
What Part of TN are you in? Can you get some pictures of it?

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Yeah I can't wait either. Rayn , I'm just north of knoxville.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts