My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, we are in the process of buying a place in PA on 11 acres. Saturday morning we made a deal to buy all of the equipment and the contents of the large garage / pole barn

The man who owned the place passed away so obviously I can’t get any info from him.

I figured you guys would know what these are right away. Thank you.

I’ll most likely sell these once I know what they are, and can determine a fair asking price.

We also will have a Kubota M5700, John Deere X585, and Dienes Magnum to actually work the land with. Thus the reason to sell the older tractors.

·
3,410 Posts
Need a few more view points to tell..but I can tell you that if you sell them...you are going to regret it later on
The rear wheels on the first one look like they are from an 8N...but what I can see of the hood looks like a newer one..the other looks like a Golden Jubilee...would love to see more shots of t to get a better idea

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Need a few more view points to tell..but I can tell you that if you sell them...you are going to regret it later on
The rear wheels on the first one look like they are from an 8N...but what I can see of the hood looks like a newer one..the other looks like a Golden Jubilee...would love to see more shots of t to get a better idea
OK. Thank you for that. I will snap a few more pics next time we are down there.

I want to do some things to the Kubota. That would be the reason for selling off some of the things we won’t use much. We actuality were only looking to buy the Kubota, John Deere, and attachments, but the deal was better to just buy everything. I figure it’s smarter to sell off some stuff that we didn’t even expect to buy, rather than just spending more money.

I want to add a third function up front so I can get a grapple bucket. I’d also like to put a real snow plow on the front. The place we are buying is at the end of a private road with three other houses on it that I will be responsible for maintaining.

The tractor already has a skid steer quick disconnect setup up front so I might as well take advantage of it. A set of pallet forks would be nice right off the bat as well.

I’ll be honest though, I’m a hot rodder at heart. I wouldn’t mind setting one of those Fords aside for a Merc flatly one day...

·
Premium Member
7,546 Posts
As has been said, the pictures don't show everything that we need to be able to tell for sure exactly what models they are, but if I had to guess I would say that the first one looks like a 1963-1964 2000 or 4000 , and the second one looks like a 640, 840 or 641. In the second picture you can clearly see the boss with the two large bolt holes on the transmission bell housing below the air cleaner. Look on the flat spot on top of that boss for stamped numbers. The first one should be the model number and the second one should be the serial number. Post those numbers back here and we can tell for sure what they are, or at least what tractors the transmissions were in when they left the factory.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
As has been said, the pictures don't show everything that we need to be able to tell for sure exactly what models they are, but if I had to guess I would say that the first one looks like a 1963-1964 2000 or 4000 , and the second one looks like a 640, 840 or 641. In the second picture you can clearly see the boss with the two large bolt holes on the transmission bell housing below the air cleaner. Look on the flat spot on top of that boss for stamped numbers. The first one should be the model number and the second one should be the serial number. Post those numbers back here and we can tell for sure what they are, or at least what tractors the transmissions were in when they left the factory.
Awesome. Thank you Sir. Will do

·
Premium Member
7,546 Posts
In that last batch of pictures, the first three appear to be of the second tractor in your first set of pictures and confirms that it should be a 640. The last two pictures are of the the first tractor in your forst two pictures and that still appears to be a 63-64 2000 or 4000. The "eyebrow" in the sheet metal above the grill and the F-O-R-D vertically down the middle of the grill were unique to the 4 cylinder 2000/4000 series.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In that last batch of pictures, the first three appear to be of the second tractor in your first set of pictures and confirms that it should be a 640. The last two pictures are of the the first tractor in your forst two pictures and that still appears to be a 63-64 2000 or 4000. The "eyebrow" in the sheet metal above the grill and the F-O-R-D vertically down the middle of the grill were unique to the 4 cylinder 2000/4000 series.
Thank you. You guys are great.

So now I know for sure that I posted these in the wrong sub forum lol

·
Premium Member
7,546 Posts
If the paint colors are at least close to original, the last one should be a 4000, as it had the blue cast pieces (engine, transmission, rear axle), and the "buff" (light grey/beige) sheet metal, and the 2000 was all blue, but it's not 100% accurate for either as the the dashboard sheet metal should match the hood in either case.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If the paint colors are at least close to original, the last one should be a 4000, as it had the blue cast pieces (engine, transmission, rear axle), and the "buff" (light grey/beige) sheet metal, and the 2000 was all blue, but it's not 100% accurate for either as the the dashboard sheet metal should match the hood in either case.
All great info. Thank you again. I’m going back down this weekend. I’ll snap some more pics if you guys are interested.

·
Premium Member
7,546 Posts
Get a picture of the rear axle of the one that has the the FORD vertically down the grill. Specifically the area where the toplink rocker attaches to the differential housing. That will show whether it is a 2000 or 4000 rear axle. Also, get the raised casting numbers off of the right side of the block from both tractors (Should be something like C0NN5015A, EAE6015, or something similar with 6015 in the number). That will tell us what displacement engines they are.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alright. I was able to get those pictures taken this morning. We were down here last weekend, but I spent time servicing the X585 and putting the snow blower on. And I honestly just forgot to snap the pics.

Anyway, here they are.

·
Kish JD 318/420/430
3,611 Posts
Could you get a closeup shot of the front ornament on the red and creme tractor. It should help determine whether or not medallion or jubilee model/year

·
Kish JD 318/420/430
3,611 Posts
We have the red/creme one figured out.

600 Series. The Ford NAA tractor (also known as the Ford NAA) is a tractor that was introduced by Ford as an entirely new model in 1953 and dubbed the Golden Jubilee. The NAA designation was a reference to the first three digits of the serial number style used starting with this tractor.

Parts:

And:

Google:

·
Kish JD 318/420/430
3,611 Posts
Now we need to work on the blue one, does it look like it has been repainted?

Found this tidbit for you to check on:
Serial Number Location: The serial number is stamped
into the left-hand side of the engine block.
Maybe around the starter area

Found this: Serial numbers on the 9N-2N and 8N tractors are located on the left side of the engine block, just below the head and behind the oil filter.

• Ford Used the letter "I" to stamp the number "1".
  • 9N/2N serial numbers start with 9N.
  • 8N serial numbers start with 8N.
  • NAN means that it is a kerosene burning engine.
  • NNN means that it is a industrial engine.
  • A diamond symbol that is stamped before and after the serial number means that it has cast iron sleeves.
  • A Star symbol before and after the serial number means that it has steel sleeves
Need a pic of the following on the blue tractor (rear wheel, tran shift area, rear axle where there may be a stamped model number, under seat for a draft control arm, steering box)

Looks like wrong grille or it has been altered with the ford logo.

Looks like it was repainted from red to blue also

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Now we need to work on the blue one, does it look like it has been repainted?

Found this tidbit for you to check on:
Serial Number Location: The serial number is stamped
into the left-hand side of the engine block.
Maybe around the starter area
That I don’t know. It looks like it could USE some paint lol

1 - 20 of 36 Posts