My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I don't see a filter but there's a dipstick at the top. This is a 1991 JD 260 Garden Tractor. Also, Where could I find a complete engine wiring harness for the Kawasaki FC540V ? This one was hacked & kohler thrown on it. I have the 17hp kawasaki I'm wanting to put back on it but no wiring harness.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'd check ebay or marketplace/craigslist for someone parting out a 240/60. Otherwise there isn't that much to the wiring(say 4-6 wires) on that mower so I'd consider just making my own if you can't lay your hands on an OG harness. Also thinking about it Kawasaki may have used the same harness on most of that series of engine so any similar vintage harness may work if it's a air cooled single.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd check ebay or marketplace/craigslist for someone parting out a 240/60. Otherwise there isn't that much to the wiring(say 4-6 wires) on that mower so I'd consider just making my own if you can't lay your hands on an OG harness. Also thinking about it Kawasaki may have used the same harness on most of that series of engine so any similar vintage harness may work if it's a air cooled single.
Yeah,i was thinking about making one but all the conectors would add up. They removed the pto, pto switch, lights, fuel guage, basically cut off all the wiring so rewiring is going to be fun. thanks

·
Money Pit
836 Posts
Keep a eye on ebay for the wiring harness. Is the original voltage regulator still on the machine?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Keep a eye on ebay for the wiring harness. Is the original voltage regulator still on the machine?
Good Idea. It's been hacked. I don't see it anywhere. In front of the dash were most of the wiring & plugs are have all been hacked out & the Craftsman wire for the kohler has been thrown in there. So no I don't have the reg either. You see they even threw in a gas tank in front of battery just b/c the gas tank lid had a crack, engine shroud hacked to fit the motor & oversized golf cart tires on the front that rub the tie rods. Let's just say I'm not impressed.

Anyone know where the Neutral safety switch is suppose to be. The wiring schematic show there to be one but I don't know where it goes. Anyone have photos of underneath the battery box for wiring routing etc.? I'm starting from the bottom of the hill lol

Here's the Kawasaki I'll go through first

1 - 5 of 5 Posts