My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a 1989 Craftsman GT6000 18hp with a 44inch deck to cut my lawn. I have a big area to mow and I'm hoping this gt will last me a while.

The previous owner never used the mower deck and only used it for a snowblower.
The deck is like new and it came with a box of parts to mount it. For the life of me I can't seem to get it to mount level. The back is up high and the front touching the ground.

Long shot but does anyone on here have a similar tractor/deck and able to share a few images of how the deck mounts to the tractor... ive been trying most of the afternoon without getting it on right.

Thanks!

·
Minding my P's & Q's
2,170 Posts
If you could give us the Craftsman model number one of us may be able to come up with a manual for mounting and adjusting the deck.
Should be on a label, on the frame, under the seat. in the form of xxx.xxxxxx

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Don't know if these helps, but seems to be the same setup as yours. I had one of those machines briefly and I remember thinking that the front of the deck seemed to barely get up off the ground when raised.

·
Registered
332 Posts
There should be two links that go from front of deck to the bracket at the front of the frame.
Shorten links to raise front of deck.
In mowing position the front of the deck should be .75 to 1 inch lower in the front measuring blade to ground distance with blade pointing front to back.
I try to keep mine about .75" lower, 1 inch is to much in my opinion.

·
Registered
332 Posts
If you tell me what you would like a picture of, I can take them tomorrow if the rain stops for a little while.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts