My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok all has been well with my park ave but tonight I smell gas and see a small puddle up front. Put it on the jack stands and the center line that runs from the gas filter to the fuel rail is leaking on the metal portion where it bends up against the firewall.

2 questions; is there only one line that carries gas and the other 2 are vent lines ? Is there a way to repair this or do I need a whloe new line and is it a dealer item of parts store.

I wondered if I could attach a rubber gas line with hose clamps ??

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
you'll have a supply line (biggest), return line, and evap line (smallest). compression fittings can be your friend, a new length of steel line bent to fit and compression fittings on each end. cheap and easy. if rubber line is used be sure its for fuel injection, as its under pressure. probly not the RIGHT way, but......................

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Humm these lines look like aluminum ??? Not much room to work in there either the fuel injection line and clamps may be the eaisest way.

You cant compression union aluminum to steel can you ?

Also the other 2 lines I could replace with regular gas line right ? They shouldnt be under pressure right ?

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
they arent aluminum. and yes the other lines are low pressure.

·
Resident Man Of Many Hats
2,641 Posts
If it were me I would just cut out the damaged part, pick up some fuel injection hose and clamps and call it a day. One good thing to note, well two actually, would be... flare the ends of the lines if you can, of not double up on the clamps. Alot of folks question the strength of fuel injection hose but if it is installed and clamped properly you'll have no issues at all. Not to mention it sure beats replacing the entire fuel line over one small leak.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Humm so if I want to do all 3 just use the hi pressure line and clamps on the supply and reg gas hose and clamps on the other 2 ?

·
Resident Man Of Many Hats
2,641 Posts
Sounds like a plan, the other 2 lines will have minimal pressure on them so regular fuel line should be just fine. I use fuel injection clamps on everything, even if its just regular gas hose. They apply even pressure all the way around and you dont run the risk of damaging the lines from over tightening like standard worm clamps. You probably already know this but just in case, bleed the lines before you start. I've seen way to many people get a face full of gas by just tearing things apart and not relieving the pressure on the lines.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok the hose napa sold me and said is fuel injection hose doesnt say that on the hose but it says 350psi ??????

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
that'll work for sure:fing32:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts