My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Kubota B7500. Earlier this year, my fuel tank collapsed and had my dealer install a new one. Why it collapsed is a mystery. Since I got it back the tractor dogs out every time it goes up an incline. It does it with and without a load on the engine. I have used it with my rotary cutter and tiller and it goes fine until it reaches an incline and then it almost stalls out. Down hill is no problem. It has been to the dealer twice and they cannot find the reason. They have installed a new fuel pump, checked out fuel flow etc.
The problem remains. Any one here have any ideas? I and my dealer are at wits end. Thanks!

·
Retired MTF Admin
11,156 Posts
Jerry,

I have an uneasy feeling that the neck strainer in your fuel tank is either missing or collapsed. The problem you've described sounds very much like an internal vacuum inside the fuel tank.

The quick and dirty test is to loosen the fuel cap and operate the tractor to see if the problem is resolved or still exists.

Mark

·
22,754 Posts
:ditto: Sounds like a starvation or venting issue to me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mark777, thanks for the reply. I tried running without the cap and it did not solve it. However, I am thinking this issue arose when they changed tanks. Too coincidental.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As an additional item, whenever I fill it with fuel the rubber liner inside the cap falls out. Could this be a piece of the puzzle?

·
MTF Poster
41 Posts
As an additional item, whenever I fill it with fuel the rubber liner inside the cap falls out. Could this be a piece of the puzzle?
Replace the cap first thing .... take a look at the fuel filter. I may be dirtier than you might think and impeding the flow of fuel at high demands.

·
22,754 Posts
Where is the fuel pick-up in the tank? I'm thinking maybe something rolling around and blocking the pick-up when going up hill. If the pick-up is free floating inside the tank, perhap it is getting a kink in the line.

Just spitballing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts