My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can usually root out about anything I need somewhere online, but I can't seem to find the simplest little part. Seems the lower reed on one of my F engines is rusted out and I haven't been able to track them down. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
how rusted? can it be brass wire brushed off?
just a thought.......

·
Registered
41 Posts
I can usually root out about anything I need somewhere online, but I can't seem to find the simplest little part. Seems the lower reed on one of my F engines is rusted out and I haven't been able to track them down. Any help would be appreciated.
If you search 602588 on Ebay it looks like they're available fairly cheap. :thThumbsU

·
Registered
2,534 Posts

·
Registered
2,534 Posts

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,787 Posts
Yeah you have to search both wild cards as there are many who fail to space the two words. I have in the past listed Lawn Boy items with both in the title and text. Lawn-Boy will recieve the same search as Lawn Boy but LawnBoy will not.

·
Registered
90 Posts

Just remember one basic fact about buying from a dealer you have to wait about a week and then go pick it up. In my case I'd have to travel over 30 miles (RT) and gas is almost $3.00 a gallon. You have to figure mileage into the cost. My dealer was pretty good for over thirty years and about 2 years ago a new bunch took over and they've been screwing the public ever since. I'll buy on line, thank you very much!

·
Lawn-Boys Everywhere
1,294 Posts

My dealer was pretty good for over thirty years and about 2 years ago a new bunch took over and they've been screwing the public ever since.
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,787 Posts
We only have a Honda dealer here now. Box stores own the town.But that isnt necessarily a bad thing. Lots of jobs there and competitive prices on building materials we never had before.

I buy the reeds in quantity online with one ship price.

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts

Just remember one basic fact about buying from a dealer you have to wait about a week and then go pick it up. In my case I'd have to travel over 30 miles (RT) and gas is almost $3.00 a gallon. You have to figure mileage into the cost. My dealer was pretty good for over thirty years and about 2 years ago a new bunch took over and they've been screwing the public ever since. I'll buy on line, thank you very much!
Good points. I forget at times I live in an area heavily populated with equipment, new and used and dealers galore. The Toro dealer I do business with is 13 miles(26 r.t.) from my home.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts

Yeah, if your dealer's a jerk, that makes a big difference.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts