My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Usually steel rods topped with a plastic cap. The use of a metal detector can be of help. You have the general area to sweep with the detector. Being as how the area likely has had not much human impact, you likely won't find all sorts of other metal.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Like most things, one can rent a metal detector. Check in your area for rental places, such as Redi Rental, the metal detectors there cost $33 a day. The newer metal stakes (last 20-40 years) are simple rebar which may or may not have a wooden stake next to it.

Reactions: Just Jeff

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
When I bought the house & property here in northern Florida for $20,000 cash in 2015, just about everything stated that it was 0.944 acres. A couple of years later after some difficulties with a neighbor, I had a proper survey performed. Interestingly enough, with the proper survey, I gained a third of an acre to 1.25 acres. The property is anything but square with 7 distinct corners and shaped more like an arrowhead with an odd semicircle around a water oak.

Before the proper survey, I had attempted to find my property lines using the tax assessor's page and other and had major problems. The picture doesn't show the semicircle, but one of the problems I had was they have the property line splitting the driveway in half, which made no sense. That meant that there was errors with it. Just where the errors were, I had no idea.

Interesting thread, Just Jeff! I enjoy following along.

Map Slope Land lot Biome Terrestrial plant

Reactions: Just Jeff
1 - 3 of 3 Posts