My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
I've been following along with interest.
I've done some of what you are doing, but on a smaller scale,
at home I needed to know the N border, but it's 500' and you can't see corner to corner,
and at the cabin, 1 corner has a post, but the lot is 1800 ft deep and stops in the middle of a swamp, for me only reachable when it is frozen.

Good luck,

·
Registered
862 Posts
When I did ours, I made up a bunch of 6 ft yellow stakes, and using a tape and compass, put a stake in about every 50 ft starting from either end where the points were known, then I just repeatedly "eyed" up the line, making corrections, eventually all the stakes were in a straight line and were lined up with the end points. I was trying to get to +/- 6 inches and I believe I achieved that.
A surveyor transit would likely have made the process much faster but I didn't have one.

Dan

and possibly give me some advice on how to make a relatively straight line along those two stretches, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Reactions: Just Jeff

·
Registered
862 Posts
Jeff,
Good luck with your heart "tickle".
They tried it on me twice, didn't work either time.
But, the procedure isn't big deal, once they take blood and put in an IV, they put you to sleep, and 5 minutes later they are done. Another 10 or so you are waking up.
I was told that the longer you have had A-Fib, the harder it is to correct, I suspect I've had it a long time.
The next step is the ablative (scratch the heart wall) and I/we haven't decided to do that yet.
I'm just on Warfarin to reduce the clotting risk. We'll see.
Dan

I'm having Electrical cardioversion for my A-Fib on Monday, so I've been having all of the pre-requisites done. I'm not crazy about what they're about to do, but I figure I'll give it a shot one time, and if it doesn't work, I'll just stick to the Eliquis for the duration.

·
Registered
862 Posts
So far it hasn't been a big deal, for either me or the wife. We are both fairly stable and only need to have our INR's checked every 6 weeks or so.
I do have a little bit of excess bleeding but Afrin applied stops it pretty fast.
The more noticeable issue is the bruising, I bruise very easily.

Oh no not Warfarin! They would find be bleed out somewhere. My years of low dose aspirin is bad enough.

·
Registered
862 Posts
You may already know but, they do make/offer med's that stop bleeding,
or just get some Afrin, yes, the nasal decongestant, and apply that to the leak, it stops the bleeding.
(I had some "work" done in a nostril a few years ago, and while it was healing, I had heavy bleeding, I called the Doctor and that's what they told me, and that that was what they use during procedures to stop bleeding.)

[/QUOTE="Ariens93GT20, post: 12739828, member: 280802"]
I have been on low dose Aspirin for over 20 years. Every little mic or scrape is a bleed event. Compress takes care of it. [/QUOTE]

·
Registered
862 Posts
I'm talking about topical applications that you apply directly to a leak, not pills that you swallow.

Most likely (as I'm not a doctor), you can't take those meds (to stop bleeding) while taking other medications to deal with high blood pressure/constricted arteries, things like that, as for those problems, you don't want the blood to clot easily, as it can increase the chance of a stroke or a heart attack.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts