My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there guys! So here's the deal, I came upon what I thought was a good tractor for the purposes I needed. While it very well can probably be used for what I'm looking for, I didn't know that it was a JD sought after by collectors. After hearing the seat alone can fetch $800 I started to do a little looking and brought it over to my neighbor to look at and see what he had to say. The tractor is a JD 112 "Patio Series". It has a rebuilt tranny, new tires, and PERFECT paint. As you can see it also has the loader. I was never looking to get a collector JD, just one for utility work and you can see with how this one looks it would almost be a shame to ruin it. So I'm hoping I can get some help from everyone on what it might be able to sell for. Thanks in advance for everyone's help!

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Depends really but I sure would not use it.If you wanted to sell it.I would go with an auction service that specializes in this kind of thing.There is one here in Illinois that is featured on RFD tv and even has there own program that features Classic tractors of all types.They have sales all over the country and advertize fine pieces like this.Months in advance of a Auction sale.They even take online bidding.They fetch out of this world prices.Bidders come from all over the world not just United States.He specializes in Classics Antiques and even farm toys.

If you went this route I would be willing to bet.You could end up with a much more useable tractor and loader then what you have now.Remember things like this are worth what someone is will to pay.The more people know about it the more willing to pay bidders will be bidding.You are sitting on a Gold mine if you play your cards right.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Of course if its an original if it was a repaint that was green to start with that would change things.I question the seat I thought they were smooth no ripples in the bach section of material.I do not know im not a pro about these things.I would ask at Weekendfreedomachine.com

·
Super Moderator
31,834 Posts
WOW!!!! That is a beuty!!!

Im thinking I would have a had time using something so clean, and in that nice of shape!!!! If all your numbers match up, and it is what it apears to be, I bet you can sell it and get yourself something that is more of a worker.

But thats just me... I have a old 112, and its a AWSOME tractor!! She will give you good service eather way.

·
Super Moderator
16,368 Posts
Thats not the original seat. Patios never came with that seat. They were smooth as JohnDeere pointed out. But even with the wrong seat on ebay the tractor could fetch $2,500 to $3,000 You may be able to sell it for More through a private sale. By Blue Book it's not even worth anything for it age. Hope that gives you some Idea. :thThumbsU

·
ROJ
2,183 Posts
i think the back of the seat pan was rough or texured on the patios but i could be wrong.at any rate thats a beautiful tractor,a patio in that shape is super hard to find but if thats the original patio loader,that would be almost impossible to find period but in condition i would assume they are almost non existent.if its what it appears to be i couldnt bring myself to beat it up,it would either be a show machine or i would sell it and buy a worker.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
If that's real, I'm stunned that you picked up at all, much less at a price that would make you not realize it was a collectable!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone! I had posted on the CUT forum the other day that I was just getting into the whole"tractor world", I know nothing and was looking for something I could throw a loader bucket and a few other attachments on. I was actually not expecting to buy one till next season. This happened to come along and the price seemed right(in comparison to a lot of everything else I have been able to see out there) and I figured I would get a head start on the yard projects. Then I come to find out I picked up a gem that can't be used in the yard! It might just be a blessing in disguise, maybe I may be able to sell it for a bit more than I got it for and buy a little heavier duty JD, or maybe one with a few attachments. Thanks for all the response so far guys! Just curious, mainly because I'm clueless, anyone have a "ballpark" figure of what I might hope to get for it? Does 4k sound like too much? Especially if the seat is not original like everyone is saying. Thanks again! Well, so much for leveling out my field this weekend! :p

·
Citizen of Earth
15,291 Posts
If the loader is original to that tractor model, I'd say $3500 to $4000 was possible. Seat should have a textured back (on the metal pan) The sticker on the seat isn't original. Everything else seems good in the photos.

·
Great Site Good People
6,656 Posts
MNAL, if FEL is rare, then you got a winner. If tractor is not a rare gem you still got a winner in that you have something to use.:thThumbsU

·
Super Moderator
16,368 Posts

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Very nice tractor. I would do some checking this thing out over at weekendfreedommachines before using it. slkpk

·
JD RULES
1,026 Posts
Hi MNAL , :Welcome1:

That is a NICE RIG :eck21: !!!
I would not use it , until you find out more about it , like others have said ...

Later,x595

1 - 15 of 15 Posts