My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have yet to be able to get this thing to work. I even had a new piece shipped to me.

I hook it up to my hose and then to my tractor but water is not coming out of the hose.. anyone know if I am doing something wrong??? Anyone else get theirs to work??

Thanks,

JYD

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
:MTF_wel: and enjoy the forum. Did you turn the water on? slkpk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Greenmule............ I was thinking the same thing!! I kinda wanted to see if anyone had gotten to work.

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
I have it on mine. Water came out but it made such a mess I have never used it again. The deck comes off so easy it is not a big deal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so I am guessing it doesn't work............... how do I clean it then........ just stick a hose underneath?

·
Banned
330 Posts
Well the way I do it is I don't,every now and than will stick hand under and feel/look,than maybe take a big flat screw driver and punch around and try and get most of it,about once a year take deck off,sharpen blades and scrape bottom real clean,depends on how much damp grass you've cut,speaking of which,I should look.:drunkie:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi All,
I have it on my LTX 1045 with 46" deck and it works OK. It does make a mess and the instructions say to run the mower deck at full throttle with the water on for two minutes at leat then shut the water of and run the deck for two more minutes at least to dry it. So running the thing for foru minutes and making a big mes under the tractor, it doesn't seem to be worth the effort. As far as does it work goes, well yes it does.

·
Registered
462 Posts
The smart jet is a hole in the deck with a hose fitting. The adapter may have a pressure activated valve inside. If the adapter is not pushed in all the way and snapped shut, it probably is stopping the water.

The washing is done by the action of the blades. It is roughly the same thing as putting a nozzle on your hose and turning the water on spray pattern to wash off the deck. If the grass is wet and soft, new cutting, it is fairly easy to wash off. if it is dry and crusty you will need to run the water as long as it would take with just hose pressure. that dry crusty stuff repels water very effectively, so I would guess it might take 15 or 20 minutes to loosen up, and even more to actually get cleaned off. My owners manual says to do it right away every time you mow.

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
What he said.......

That adapter has to be CLICKED in, in order to work. Blades have to be turning.

I do the left side first, then the right and sometimes the left again. If you do it right after mowing the stuff clears out very quickly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mine works very well too. I run it for two minutes per side on my 1046 and I've got absolutely no stuck grass under there after two years. Works even better if you have the mulching block in place.

·
Registered
462 Posts
In the interest of mud and runoff reduction, if you have a bunch of dried out crud under there, it is probably best to pull the deck or get under and clean it with a pressure washer or scraper so you can start with a clean deck. Then it should work well doing it each mowing. the same force that plasters the grass in there should de-plaster it too. I have kind of a sacrifice area in a corner of the lawn where I do this.

·
Tech Nerd Tractor Convert
1,388 Posts
Mine works very well too. I run it for two minutes per side on my 1046 and I've got absolutely no stuck grass under there after two years. Works even better if you have the mulching block in place.
Here's a suggestion for a timesaver - get one of those "Y" hose adapters, a 10' section of hose and a second quick connect adapter (they are a dime a dozen) and you can probably run both sides at the same time.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts