My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am having an issue with my cub cadet 100. the tractor was running normal last week. well today I went to start it and it is running terrible and will not stay running. it will idle with the choke but once i try to give it some throttle it keeps dying out, and once it starts dying if i back off the throttle it will idle. I checked and saw that gas it getting form the tank to the carb but that is all i was able to see today ANY HELP would be great
thank you

·
Farm Show
5,386 Posts
Well, the number one problem with carbs. is dirt. I would buy a new carb. kit. Check the throttle shaft bushing. If it wobbles, then its most likely time for a carb. re-build any how. Check the bushing by smearing grease around it. This might stop the carb. from sucking any air through there if it is wobbly. Hopefuly some experts can chime in and back up these claims. :thanku:

·
10K and Climbin!
12,353 Posts
:ditto: +3 on dirty carb. Remove & read the plug. Is it dry? If so the carb needs cleaning. Stalling when the throttle plate opens is usually an indication that the main jet is plugged or the fuel bowl level is low and the carb can't pull enough fuel into the engine for it to run at a higher speed. :trink40:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts