My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've located a pristine 310-8 and I need to know what it's worth before I take the plunge. Here's the description:

"Used ... Nice ... I am the second owner since 1994. The tractor has not been used to cut the grass or plow snow. Was only used 2-3 times a year to pull a boat trailer. Maintained extremely well and stored in a dry place. Has 8 speeds, The motor is a magnum M10 which is I'm assuming 10 hp. Comes with 2 inch trailer ball, plow, and mower. The mower has 3 blades, and I believe is 42" wide, rear discharge mower. I have the original owners manuals for the engine, operation manual for the tractor, and operation manual for the mower."

I'll buy it for $1000 and pay 500-600 to have it shipped.

Am I nuts? Or is this thing worth it?

Regards,

Dan

·
Registered
169 Posts
Very nice tractor. Having something shipped is always hard on the bank account. Is there any way you could drive to get it yourself? Might save you half of the shipping cost, or more.

If you decide to get it, you'll be very happy with your purchase. I bought my 312-8 locally about two months ago and while it isn't in pristine condition by any means (no rust, plenty of scratches), I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Good luck!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very nice tractor. Having something shipped is always hard on the bank account. Is there any way you could drive to get it yourself? Might save you half of the shipping cost, or more.

Good luck!
I considered driving to get it but I'd be looking at a 4,000+ mile round trip and the numbers just didn't add up. Driving 1,000 miles a day for 4 days at 20 MPG and $2.25 for gas that's $450. 3 nights in fleabag motels $150. Eating at Mickey D's for 4 days $50. Getting it insured/delivered for $600 seems almost a bargain.

I'm just trying to convince myself that it's worth $1600 when all is said and done.

Thanks for your inputs. Keep 'em coming.

Regards,

Dan

·
Oldbie
1,605 Posts
Are you not finding wheel horses out there in Washington.
Here are three that I found closer to you.
http://spokane.craigslist.org/grd/1138621360.html (417A)
http://spokane.craigslist.org/grd/1129588768.html (D-200 sounds sweet)
http://pullman.craigslist.org/grd/1134844607.html Just a mowing tractor)
That first one is same year range as what your trying to ship and bigger motor and deck.
Second one is second biggest tractor wheel horse made.
Third is kinda small....modern, but not a garden tractor.
Hope this helps... I could find others given time.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I don't know - seems like a lot of work to me unless you really have your heart set on that particular model? I went crazy looking for a 520-H for several months and had plenty of let downs and then I found the 522xi in my avatar. Paid a little more than I wanted but I did not worry about it then or now. Sometimes you just fall into it when you least expect it. Scour CL several times/day, every day, be flexible and have your $CASH$ ready and you'll find what your looking for eventually. :goodl:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your replies.

I'm going to go for it. I guess I've been swayed by this tractor's condition more than anything.

Regards,

Dan

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Dan now once you get one youre going to have to have a mate they dont live well alone but dont worry they want have any babies like the ones on the east coast do some in the water
good luck you want be sorry that one great machine

·
Registered
214 Posts
Good Luck with your Machine it should be a good one.:trink40:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts