My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum and have found it by trying to figure out what kind of Ranch King I have so that I can fix it.

This isn't my exact mower (I found a picture someone else took) but it is the same make/model. Hopefully I will learn a lot here. :praying:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Built by MTD, what is the model number on it?
I found this on a listing online which has 137-652-205 on it. Mine looks almost exactly the same (still could be different?). I will get a picture of my serial number when I get home.

The reason I am looking all this up is I think my carb needs adjusted. At first it would die once I turned off the choke (fixed that by adjusting the screw in the bottom of the carb bowl). Now it will run off choke but it runs really rich. Just trying to get information on adjusting the carb before I make it worse. :00000060:

·
Super Moderator
33,779 Posts
Almost all mixture screws on small engines are adjusted by turning in till closed and backing out 1 1/4 turns and then adjusted by ear for best running. Of course you could have other issues since this isn't your LT. Air cleaner blocked by debris will cause it to run rich too. Also check to make sure the choke is opening all the way as that has the same effect.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am assuming you are talking about the same screw I was adjusting? If so then it is WAY too tight as I maybe turned it 1/4 of a turn. Kinda new to this... Air filter is fine, spark plug is brand new. Oil and gas levels are both great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts