Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my first Gravely 16 G

planning to restore it

its in decent shape

someone painted it badly

Just the tractor no att . at all

Any hints where to start the restoration??

where to get the paint for it ?

thank you guys

·
Old Iron Connoisseur
2,785 Posts
Welcome to MTF! You'll find all the help you need here as there are some very dedicated Gravely nuts around here.

First, have you found www.oldgravelys.net ? All the manuals you could ever want are there for your viewing or download.

Second, we want to see some pictures of your machine! (You'll find we love pictures and they also help with diagnosing any problems you may encounter and sometimes the keen eyes of other members pick up on things before they become a problem.)

Paint, since you have one of the later models I do believe it is still available through your Gravely dealer in a rattle can. Matching original paint is an often debated topic but I use Ford Red for touch ups and am pretty happy with the match. Maybe someone can point you to one of the previous paint threads shortly!

And again..:MTF_wel2::MTF_wel:

·
Premium Member
4,783 Posts
Welcome muddster!

You'll find everybody here to be way helpful and encouraging about your project.

Do check out www.oldgravelys.net, there's all kinds of manuals and info there. And don't be shy about posting questions here, the only dumb question is the one that wasn't asked.

Have fun, and :wwp:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well thank you fellows

I am excited to do this project .

what is the closest match paint to the original Gravely ? meaning paint code from Ford ?

some say chinese red is close ?

cheers

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
:Welcome1:

Welcome to the board and welcome to the wonderful world of the Gravely nut.

We are a graphically oriented bunch around here, so get some pics up of that machine and we'll all dive into it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well the paint is faded but a bit of rust too.

I started taking her apart and removing loose rust .

its going to be a long project .

I want to hook up a plow for the winter time too

They are hard to find up in Canada .

Can I retrofit anything else ? I would like to use the existing hydr. system

1 - 12 of 12 Posts