My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

My name is Jeff and I am new to MyTractorForum.com. I live in Avon IN and have 2 JD 318's, the first was given to me with a broken rod and a damaged crank. Instead of rebuilding the Onan, I repowered with the 23HP B&S, not sure if that was a good choice or not. During the process, Dad was restoring a model A John Deere, so I took all the body parts to Excelsior Springs MO and we painted the tractors together. Not knowing any better, now I have a John Deere 318 painted in Classic Green.

I had fun doing it so I bought another 318 from Craigslist thats is not running well and started tinkering with this one. Thats a little about myself and I am sure I will have many questions for you experts.

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
Hello, Jeff, and welcome to MTF. I am sure that there would be folks interested in your engine swap on your 318. Might want to post the story in the JD section, along with the problems and fixes you came up with, along with the reasoning behind wondering if this was the right swap or not.

·
Administrator
12,533 Posts
To be honest, I like the" Classic Green" better anyhow (Blasphemy I know!). I'm going to paint my 214 in that shade some day. Post up some pictures when you can, I'd love to see the 318. Welcome to MTF too! :thThumbsU

1 - 3 of 3 Posts