My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please be gentle - newbie, and my first garden tractor! Bought second-hand - or more likely 3rd or 4th hand, as previous owner doesn't know model number and has no manual for it. I therefore need to ID it in order to get the manual, safety instructions etc.

The info that I do have is that the cutting deck is 33", hp is 11.5, and the machine is believed to be about 10 years old. Starts by key.

Many thanks if you can help.

Attachments

·
21,729 Posts
This one looks close, but the hood and front trim don't match, and it has more horses.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Hello Ryor: I'm no expert on these LT/YT/GT machines , you will probably have to contact Snapper/Briggs and Stratton (they now own Snapper) ,to get manuals, It would be very helpful if you could find the manufactuers "tag" with the numbers. The 11.5 HP will narrow it down a lot as not many in this category have lower HP like this. Just guessing , it might be something like LT115(D or H for transmission)33 for deck size 1 for series add B for Briggs engine or BE foe electric start or BVE foe Briggs overhead valve electric start. The transmissions are "H" for "hydrostatic" (auto) or "D" for "disc" (quadrant with "speeds" and a clutch) thus LT115H331BE. (or similar). confused? I am too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Poncho and Propwash

Thanks. Did find a label at the back saying "US 1002.2" but I'm prretty sure that's neither original nor the manufacturer's. The seller said he'd bought it second-hand too, so suspect that label's from the first buyer who may have imported it himself. What I did find from googling was this, which might be useful to everyone having this kind of problem, and now that I've officially taken delivery of the beast (last night) I can go and have a look for the proper plate in daylight!

https://www.jackssmallengines.com/jacks-parts-lookup/snapper-model-locator.aspx

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hello Ryor: I'm no expert on these LT/YT/GT machines , you will probably have to contact Snapper/Briggs and Stratton (they now own Snapper) ,to get manuals, It would be very helpful if you could find the manufactuers "tag" with the numbers. The 11.5 HP will narrow it down a lot as not many in this category have lower HP like this. Just guessing , it might be something like LT115(D or H for transmission)33 for deck size 1 for series add B for Briggs engine or BE foe electric start or BVE foe Briggs overhead valve electric start. The transmissions are "H" for "hydrostatic" (auto) or "D" for "disc" (quadrant with "speeds" and a clutch) thus LT115H331BE. (or similar). confused? I am too.
Just a note....if those labels are all dirty, don't use solvents to clean them. Might wash the print right off. Just soap and water.
Haha, just had a look, where the plate should be is so blackened over with dirt and oil of the years that I'm not sure anything would get it off! Couldn't feel a raised plate either. I think the best clues are the engine plate - "Exclusive Signature Series: FP Stratton J. Briggs & Stratton Sunchro-balanced 11.5HP Quiet Rider I/C" and on the (red) mower deck "33 inch patented HI-VAC".

Luckily the basic instructions are plated onto the footwell area, similar to this 1250 LX

https://www.picclickimg.com/00/s/NzI1WDk1OQ==/z/rUoAAOSwLmlbQiio/$_57.PNG?set_id=8800005007

Thanks to everyone for trying!

Edit: Update - from googling LX1250 33", I'm now reasonably confident it is that model, as another image of another sale currently on ebay also matches the look exactly as far as I can tell, plus matches engine hp too. Will contact manufacturers tomorrow. Thanks again to everyone for the assistance, becoming a member of this lovely forum is an unexpected bonus to my purchase!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We may both have been confused, but thanks to your specific info & narrowing down there, I was able to precisely ID it as a LT115D331B and download a manual from here - https://www.manualslib.com/manual/156635/Snapper-Lt115d331b-Series.html

Certainly wouldn't have been able to find without your help, had previously spent hours (days even!) looking - can't thank you enough! :thanku:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's what we are here for .to help each, other looks like I got pretty close.
2 years on and I still can't thank all of you guys enough! For various reasons I haven't done any mowing myself since two years ago, and had therefore forgotten how to drive the Snapper, doh! Also couldn't find the file for the downloaded manual on my computer. However - found my link to this site & have therefore been able to track back & read + download the manual again, so am now ready to go again. This site is a treasure, thank you so much everyone! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts