My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm Peter Of Eden New York (POENY). I have a new used John Deere x748 I am anxious to learn more about here.

Thanks for all of the past posts that have already helped so much!

Peter

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
:Welcome1: and do you have any pics of it? slkpk

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No pictures yet. It is so clean that you can look at a catelog from 2007 for a x748 with a 54" MMM and you see what I bought yesterday. It had 0.4 hours on it and now has 1.9 hours on it.

Being in a fairly major lake effect snow belt a 54" blower is on the short list for this fall.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Hello up North :) Sounds like you have a clean machine with no hours on it and being a few years old. Be great to see some pics of the 700 with that big fat blower on the front. You may want to get a snow cab too , I hear it gets cold up there. Welcome to MTF ! have any question I'm sure there are folks that would be happy to discuss things with you.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A cab would be nice but might have to wait for the 2nd snow season for this tractor (my wife is already having some issues with $s). I have lots of nice dry, warm, and heavy cloths as I've been using my soon to be sold (I hope) ATV to plow things for the last 6 years or so.

On the other hand what she doesn't know...

·
Super Moderator
17,159 Posts
Welcome to the Forum:MTF_wel:

·
9K+ Poster
12,164 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :Welcome1:

·
3K & Yet So Little to Say
3,341 Posts
Welcome. I am just south of you in Chautauqua County, did you buy at Z&M?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ColonyPark - No although I have been to their North Collins location to check on the snow blower and get my steering knob (I've been using them when mowing for about 30 years - feeling old now). It was an eBay auction. Had to drive to Kingston, NY (5.5 hours each way) to pick it up but think the $150 in gas for the truck and tolls was worth it but time will tell.

Have you bought from or worked with Z&M?

·
3K & Yet So Little to Say
3,341 Posts
Yes. I use have used their Falconer location and also the store in Alexander for my mother in law's equip. They have always treated us great. I am thinking of selling the 2320 CUT and getting an x720 or something x7 anyways, and hope they come through. I have also bought a few parts from Drake Lawn up your way and they are super too!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hello from Caldeonia

1 - 17 of 17 Posts