My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
12,689 Posts
Welcome, your gonna fit right in with the JD crowd around here! 3 great machines.

·
Super Moderator
17,123 Posts
Welcome to the Forum:MTF_wel:

·
Super Moderator
35,796 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! Looks like you already have quite a herd! You're going to find we're all very graphically oriented so :wwp: is a common theme here!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Welcome, I would like to know how does the 318 stack up against the 455, ride quality, and the way they handle implements.

·
Registered
618 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Welcome, I would like to know how does the 318 stack up against the 455, ride quality, and the way they handle implements.
Pretty much the same for comfort but the 455 has way more power (just cant beat the diesel) and some "not really necassary" features like tilt steering wheel, cruise control, foot hydro.
It really comes down to the size of your property. I prefer the 318 because I only have 2 acres. Just under an acre of mowing and a little more than an acre of woods.
Another reason I prefer the 318 is cost of attachments. 455 attachments are big $$$ while you can find stuff for the 318 all over fairly cheap.
Here's my 455, it has a 48" deck, 3 pt hitch, rear PTO and a #40 loader on it...

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is my 420 that I picked up a few weeks ago dirt cheap. Its a low hour machine with a 60" deck (not mounted) The only reason I bought it was because the price was right. Its just like the 318 only a bigger version...

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
And then my 318 that I bought pretty cheap. It was rough and had a hard life with lots of hours. It's currently borrowing the P220 engine from the 420 while I rebuild the P218.
Its going to be pulling snow duty this winter with a #49 thrower.

Attachments

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,455 Posts
Wow, all are nice looking machines. Snow duty with a 318 sounds fun:trink39:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts