My Tractor Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm a tech consultant by trade a Gravely nut mostly by accident -

35+ years ago got hold of a really old Model L with a bunch of attachments including a rare chain saw - still running pretty strong although I certainly don't use it as much as I did before I got my 812 which brings me to the present -

The 812 is early 70's vintage I bought it used a couple years after I acquired the L. It mowed and snow-blowed heroically all these years until I had two misfortunes: the first two years ago when I backed into the edge of some brush and did not see a fallen limb there. Wham! Tore the carb off. OK, put new carb (Walbro) on last year also new fuel pump this year. No problems until two weeks ago after some long grass mowing with the 48" deck up high. The next day I noticed leakage from the carb. My son and I were trying to diagnose what was up - long story short we had before ourselves a nice fire from the fuel dripping on the exhaust - as I said i've had this 812 30+ years never had this problem!

My fire extinguisher was not working so we pretty quickly pushed the tractor out of the garage and eventually got the fire out. And so my lovely 812 sits blackened and sad. Which leads me to the present: As of yesterday in a moment of madness I became the proud owner of the 8+ machines described in this post:

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=141805

They are being delivered this morning and my hope is to get a couple of these running for myself and get some others running to sell. Yes, they are a little rougher than I would have liked but the price seemed almost right and heck, why not, I've got the time to tinker (not really!). Anyways, that's my story and I sure will be posting here for help along the way - feel free to volunteer your unsolicited advice as well!

Best,
Roy

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Welcome to MTF, glad to have you here.

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Only advice at the moment is :wwp: Click on the Pink Panther for great picture help from Ken-N-TX!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.