My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this site while looking for a transaxle for my 2002 Craftsman DLT2000. It has served me well all these years. The deck, hood and seat have all been replaced the last couple of years. Last weekend I lost any acceleration (forward or reverse) while mowing my yard which is flat. It does move forward but only at snails pace. I checked the pulleys and replaced the drive belt with no improvement. I jacked up the rear of the mower and put it in drive and was able to stop the tires with hand pressure (very little resistance). I started searching for a new axle (184070 / 336-510) with no luck. Hydro gear said they had one so I ordered it only to have them cancell the order - not available.

Does anyone have a lead on an axle? Mower is in great shape otherwise (20hp Kohler, bagger with plastic buckets (3).
The cost of a new comparable mower is a little hard to swallow especially being retired.

If the axle is not available does anyone need parts for theirs (will not part out - everything or nothing).

Thanks in advance for the help.

Have a good Thanksgiving

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
There are people who will help you just go to a thread and jump on and ask someone . There are some serious builders on here than there's me . Some just hang out on certain threads where they have built a friend base like , what are you doing today thread . I just pretend we're hanging out at steves house . There's a guy on there you can ask .

·
Super Moderator
17,139 Posts
Slide over to the craftsman forum and start a new thread -'seaching for'....

glenn

·
Super Moderator
12,066 Posts
Hi DPHENT
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
.....Have you checked the fluid level in the axle? Glad to have you join us here, but we have a 15/15 rule...you have to be a member for 15 days and have a minimum of 15 posts...at that point we ask that you would post it here For Sale & Wanted to Buy (Your Location)
...from time to time Surpluscenter.com has transaxles on sale...it could pay to check if they have one that could be substituted
I hope you get it going, and don't have to sell it off....although, parting it out may be more practical...for some reason it seems to work out and be more profitable that way...good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts