My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just purchased a small horse farm in the hills of Lehigh Valley and needed to find a compact tractor and implements to maintain it. After about six months of extensive research, I narrowed it down to Kubota or John Deere. It came down to the Kubota B23 vs the John Deere 2305. I ended up selecting the John Deere 2305 with the quick attach FEL and the 62 inch belly mower and the 48 inch bush hog. Half of the farm is in pasture and the other half in lawn. The farm is very hilly and four wheel drive was a must.

I cannot believe how easy it is to change out the implements. The loader is the best treat.............after 50 hours of total use so far this summer, I can now change out the belly mower and FEL almost as fast as the dealer demo fellow. The brush hog is more of a challenge when attaching the PTO. I bought the I-match hitch, but locking in the PTO link can turn the air blue.

The only toy that I bought for it was a spinner knob for the steering wheel...makes lawn mowing easier. Now I have to find the best price for a filter kit LVA 14891 since the 50 hour service interval is about 6 hours away.:greendr:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hello, from the northwest part of the state. Congratulations on your new JD 2305. I purchased mine in April this year, and am very happy with it so far. If you have questions or comments about your tractor, this is the place to come to, as the people here are friendly and helpful! Good luck with your "Green Machine". :greendr: --vikes31-- 2010 JD 2305, 200cx loader, 54"mmm, 42" befco tiller, r4"s :Tractor2:

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
Now I have to find the best price for a filter kit LVA 14891 since the 50 hour service interval is about 6 hours away.:greendr:
Use a NAPA gold filter (The Best) :MTF_wel: and :wwp:

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
:MTF_wel:and enjoy your new place along with the 2305. slkpk

·
9K+ Poster
12,161 Posts
Hello,

Just purchased a small horse farm in the hills of Lehigh Valley and needed to find a compact tractor and implements to maintain it. After about six months of extensive research, I narrowed it down to Kubota or John Deere. It came down to the Kubota B23 vs the John Deere 2305. I ended up selecting the John Deere 2305 with the quick attach FEL and the 62 inch belly mower and the 48 inch bush hog. Half of the farm is in pasture and the other half in lawn. The farm is very hilly and four wheel drive was a must.

I cannot believe how easy it is to change out the implements. The loader is the best treat.............after 50 hours of total use so far this summer, I can now change out the belly mower and FEL almost as fast as the dealer demo fellow. The brush hog is more of a challenge when attaching the PTO. I bought the I-match hitch, but locking in the PTO link can turn the air blue.

The only toy that I bought for it was a spinner knob for the steering wheel...makes lawn mowing easier. Now I have to find the best price for a filter kit LVA 14891 since the 50 hour service interval is about 6 hours away.:greendr:
Welcome to the forum1 :Welcome1:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts