My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all!
Wife and I just moved from a small town out to the 15 acre farm where she grew up. We lucked into a New Holland TC25D with 200 hours on the clock and are having fun learning about it. I do have the operator's manual and a Bush Hog trimmer mower for it, and as we speak it is being fitted with a front end loader.
My brother and I also have a Farmall H at the family farm where we grew up and where he currently lives. I put a 3 point hitch kit on it about 11 years ago and we do lots of good work with it.
Our "new" farm came with a very rusty H out in the back. The block is split from decades of freeze and thaw cycles. I would like to put another engine in it so we can put it back to work.
I'm looking forward to lots of good info here.

Oh heck, I just discovered I made a typo in my user name. I meant to make it TC25D and my finger slipped (too many keys for one finger).
I don't see a way to edit user name in the control panel, can a moderator fix it for me?

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Glad you joined!
:wwp: If you need easy Picture help
Be sure to Register for Your State!

·
the "AWOL member"
4,954 Posts
Welcome to MTF what part of southern Ill. are you from?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the nice welcomes.
Thanks also for fixing my user name!
Here is a photo of Li'l Blue, minus the mower. I guess I'll have to update next week when she comes home with the loader.
I grew up in Macedonia and have lived many years in McLeansboro.
The new place is between McLeansboro and Wayne City.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Welcome to our board...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nice tractor ! Welcome to the MTF ! I've only been here a short time and I have to say it's been a very pleasant experience! Lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks that are willing to help!

I lived over in Bethalto for a few years and other thane the cold winters I really liked it!

Are u close to Calhoun County?

There's some fine deer over there for sure :) I was close to where the monsters are but never killed a huge buck. Had fun trying tho!!

Hope to see ya on :):trink39:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Calhoun County is more West Central. I'm in Hamilton / Wayne Counties, much farther south.
Yes, the deer are plentiful here, people hit almost as many on the roads as are harvested in season. They are a constant road hazard, 356 days a year.

·
the "AWOL member"
4,954 Posts
I grew up in Macedonia and have lived many years in McLeansboro.
The new place is between McLeansboro and Wayne City.
I'm just south of you near Harrisburg,sounds like the deer are bad up there as well it's amazing the number of road kill I see during the day.:fing32:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm just south of you near Harrisburg,sounds like the deer are bad up there as well it's amazing the number of road kill I see during the day.:fing32:
I do a lot of hiking in your neck of the woods. Did the River to River trail with some friends a couple of years ago, broke it up into sections. Saw lots of great country. I've also done sections of the Tunnel Hill bike trail. Can't sit on a bike long enough to do the whole 40 miles. 10 miles at a time is about my limit.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've actually done the whole Tunnel hill trail. Start at the north end, it has a very gradual slope. Have a friend or spouse pick you up.
Wife and I started in Harrisburg one day and just started peddling. Made the same mistake most folks make. At about 10 miles decided to turn back. Back at the car we were wiped out. 10 was ok, 20 was too much. At least it wasn't hot, and we did carry water.

·
the "AWOL member"
4,954 Posts
Me and my girls usually start at the tunnel one time we got a late start and had to come back through the tunnel after dark,we had zero light except for a cell phone.Surprising how much light they put out in those conditions.:fing32:

·
Registered
63 Posts
We hada serious deer over population problem here until about 3 yrs ago. Since, hunters can kill 2 deer a day, only one of which can be a buck, from oct 15th until jan 31st. Thats alot of does !!!! No more over population prob. And lots less deer collisions. Also alot harder hunting.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Welcome to MTF. I am just north of Mt. Vernon.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts