My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
36,672 Posts
Jock, welcome to the forum! There is at least one other member from Scotland here, just don't remember his screen name right now! If you've been watching this forum you will know that we are very graphically oriented here so "We Want Pictures" is a common request. I also recommend that when asking questions it is best to include pictures of items you're discussing as it makes it clearer for us to see it! Good luck on you connection rod!

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Glad you joined!
:wwp: If you need easy Picture help
Be sure to Register for Your Country!

·
Premium Member
5,695 Posts
Always happy to see another Murray owner.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Welcome aboard!:MTF_wel2:

·
Senior Tinkerer
1,604 Posts
Hi there, from Scotland, I am currently working on my 2002 Murray 125/96 Lawn Tractor which I bought at auction as a non runner (broken con rod).
Welcome, jock barefit! I've already learned something from your first post: If the 125/96 is showing the (38") deck in cm, then Scotland is now using the metric system?? Must be word came down from on high! :ROF

·
Registered
334 Posts
Welcome, jock barefit! I've already learned something from your first post: If the 125/96 is showing the (38") deck in cm, then Scotland is now using the metric system?? Must be word came down from on high! :ROF
Is Scotland part of Europe now? :Welcome1:
:sorry1: I'm Welsh...I never could get the hang of that metric thing so I gave up on it..:smilie_fl

·
Banned
465 Posts
Welcome aboard, Jock. Great bunch of guys here. And a ton of info, and a lot of "what if's". lol

Bob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the welcome, supposedly tomorrow is the big day when I can get the engine back on and get it running (with a little help from my friends). Fingers crossed! Here in Scotland we use a strange mixture of imperial and metric systems. I buy petrol and diesel in litres then worry about miles per gallon! Beer and milk come in pints, Coke and Pepsi come in litre and a half bottles. It is all very confusing!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
An update on my mower, we got it running on friday, ran quite sweetly for about 20 minutes, then stalled, It will not start, suspect carb/governor problems and we are currently investigating. Attached are a couple of pics of the same model as mine (not my actual mower). I will try to get proper pictures sometime soon.

:thanku: for all the help so far

1 - 12 of 12 Posts