Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I just bought my first tractor, a new Kioti CK35 hydro w/FEL. I also bought a new Kioti 5' bush hog. I lurked forum posts here and at other tractor websites to learn about the available tractors and implements - thanks to all who voiced their opinions and thoughts because they were helpful.

Not only am I a virgin tractor forum poster, I am a transplanted city slicker from California who about five years ago moved to rural, hilly, lush Northern Kentucky. I feel like the guy on "Green Acres" singing, "Farm living is the life for me!" Well, not exactly, but pretty close. My wife grew up in rural Indiana and although she didn't drive tractors as a girl, she did plant tobacco by hand, and she has been good about educating me about life in the country.

The occasion for getting my own tractor was the recent addition of 7 hilly acres behind my existing 5. Wife and I have about 8-9 hilly meadow acres altogether that we'll need to manage and we're looking forward to managing the land, keeping it trimmed up, extending our Invisible Fence from 5 to about 9 acres of romping room for three dogs, making a walking trail around the perimeter, and maybe even carving out a small shooting range at the bottom of the hill. We also have a good sized garden that the tractor can help out in before and after planting. Lastly, we live down a long gravel lane and I might dare to try and help out with that, although we are very lucky in that our neighbor has used his tractor and box to keep the lane in great shape. I am looking forward to participating in the forum, no doubt asking questions related to safety and sharing my experiences with those of you who have veteran experience with tractors and what they can and cannot do.

Best to all,

Rhino

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome from a fellow (for me, to be) ridge runner and from New York. I should have mentioned...I have never driven a tractor. Just sat on one and made, "Brrmmmm, Brmmmm", noises.

The CK35 wasn't on the lot - it is coming from the factory on a pallet to my dealer, who is only 5 miles from my house. Should be here in a week or so!

I can't wait, but I am going to be really, really careful with this thing.

Rhino

·
CalifornianGravelynator
4,330 Posts
Welcome to MTF Rhino35!!! :MTF_wel2::dancingpa:fing32::bananapow

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well...the tractor I ordered was taking a delay in shipping and so I reread some of the posts here. Kioti announced a sale on their DK models. I decided to get the Kioti DK SE 40 with FEL instead of the CK 35 with loader. I also opted for a six foot bush hog instead of the five foot. Thanks to all who posted and made the case that the DKSE 40 was a "value point" in the Kioti lineup. I take delivery tomorrow with Rimguard in the rear tires. First time tractor owner - reading the manual today.

Sent from the MTF Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.