My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I'm a long-time tractor/mower/small engine nut who loves to tinker in my garage. Recently placed on medical leave (terminal leave, that is!) from my job in EMS, hearing got so bad I couldn't be an EMT. So while I figure out my next move, I'm working on some mowers and things sitting in my garage. Some of you might especially like my old push mower. It was my grandfather's, with an old Clinton engine. Guess it dates from the early 1950's or even earlier. I had the thing for six years, and finally pulled it out and started work on it...after 40 years of sitting in a barn, a new plug and fresh gas and it fired right up! Will post some pics soon. Looking forward to participating in the forums and getting to know some of you...

Morris

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :Welcome1:

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
:Welcome1:

Great to have you here. I'm sure that you'll love the forums as much as the rest of us.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Hey Morris I guess it's :Rescuenomo now: and welcome.:bannana: :congrats: :thThumbsU :fest30: :smilie_fl :bellyemot :dancingpa :fest06: :Welcome:

Dan

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hello Morris:
Wellcome fellow North Carolinan.I live in Elkin sorry that you could no longer do your job.I know that you have help many in and around our state.I would say all our Ems people take pride in what they do.Glad to have you with us here at MTF.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hello, I'm from Deep Run, NC and understand being put out to pasture. I'm 62 years YOUNG, but can't hang with the young bucks so I'm living on the 401K and social security. I understand how having those old mowers around and getting them running makes you fell good. I was born in 1947. Every morning I shave with a 1947 Gillette razor. I write in my journal with a 1947 Parker 51 fountain pen. I wear a 1947 wrist watch that keeps perfect time. My pocket knife is a 1947 Old Timer. I wish I could find a 1947 mower. I would use it every now and then just because it deserves to be used.

Take care,
Tony

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys....Dan, you are quite right, or maybe it's norescuemo, lol.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :MTF_wel2:

I'm new myself and I've learned tons here. Good luck and remember :wwp:

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,642 Posts
I wish I could find a 1947 mower.

Take care,
Tony
Aren't they called "goats"? :ROF

Another Tarheel here, I live in Newton, about 45 miles NNW of Charlotte. Morris, where ya at in NC? We're in related fields, I'm a Registered Nurse working in surgery. You're gonna love it here on MTF.

I'm not quite retired yet, but sure looking forward to it.

·
Retired and Busy!
10,175 Posts
Morris

:MTF_wel2: We are glad to have you. There are many friendly and knowledgeable folks here at MTF, so enjoy all the different forums. Click on ”Active Topics” near the top left of the page for all the latest activity. You can also register with other members from your state by clicking here:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts