My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I am a newby to the forums from Southeast Michigan.

I own a 1949 Ford 8N, which is a restored and working tractor. It is currently tore down for a complete engine rebuild (pistons, rings, valves, etc.). I hope to have the tractor back up and running by mid-September.

Any help or tips on engine rebuilding would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Ed

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
:MTF_wel2: Ed, nice to have you aboard with us and best wishes in getting your Ford 8N back in shape, the guys here will help in any way they can if you have questions :fing32:.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
:Welcome1: There are many tips and tricks when it comes to rebuilding an engine that have been learned over the years and to trying to put them in a simple list would be near impossible for me, the others might be able to. That said, if you have a particular issue or problem just ask and this group is willing and able to help you complete your rebuild.

·
Retired - Veteran Mod
6,791 Posts
:Welcome1: There are many tips and tricks when it comes to rebuilding an engine that have been learned over the years and to trying to put them in a simple list would be near impossible for me, the others might be able to. That said, if you have a particular issue or problem just ask and this group is willing and able to help you complete your rebuild.
Couldn't have said it better, myself, John.

We'll be more than happy to answer any questions that you've got... or add any tips to a specific piece of your engine rebuild... but, an engine rebuild is a little to ambiguous to list out...

Now...

Have you started yet?
Split it?
What made you decide to rebuild it?
You doing all the work yourself or farming out part of it? Which parts?

Oh yeah... :wwp: :fing32:

·
Registered
748 Posts
:MTF_wel2: Ed welcome to MTF,

·
Registered
101 Posts
:fing32:Welcome to the best place to find info on your tractor. Some really good stuff here. I start thinking about something on the tractor come here and do a search and it makes it easer when I go do it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts