My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A hello and thank you from central Michigan. Last winter as I was using a walk behind two stage blower on my 500' paved drive, I decided enough of this. My wife and I moved onto twenty acres thirty miles north of Lansing back in 1998. I bought the walk behind figuring it would be good exercise in the sedentary winter months (other than rabbit hunting) but now I've had enough. As I started looking for a mower/blower combo I came across this web site and the rest is history. I like to educate myself (like many others) before making a purchase so I don't experience any form of buyer remorse. I heat with wood and installed an outdoor boiler six years ago. I have quad that is only used to move my splitter around and haul a small wood trailer around the property. Since the quad sits in the pole barn except for wood duty and hauling the occasional deer out of the woods, I figured I could buy the right garden tractor and sell my quad which was just sitting and losing value. I was very close to buying '78 446 but I ended up purchasing an Ingersoll 4020 with a 60" deck and a 48" blower. It's a 1996 that has 800 hours. I paid what would have been a very good price for just the tractor and deck. We have quite steep hills on our property so now I need to make sure I can SAFELY traverse the terrain hauling wood before I sell my quad. Once again, thanks to everyone for not only your knowledge but your willingness to share it and be of service. I will try and post some pics. eventually. God bless, Joe.

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Welcome Joe, good to have you aboard here with us and congrats on a great purchase, lots of good folks here with Ingersolls, and hope yours serves you well for years to come :fing32:.

·
Registered
690 Posts
howdy form IL

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Welcome Joe, I think you made a wise decision purchasing the later model 4020. It is a powerfull & dependable tractor and is equiped with the holding valve feature which will safely hold the tractor & load back when decending hills ect. Read the proper operating procedure in the owners manual and you will be fine. I hope your model 4020 has power steering to increase your driving pleasure.:Welcome1:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts